What's going on with Atkinsons in the UK

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silver Bullion Boy, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Silver Bullion Boy

Silver Bullion Boy New Member

As title, anybody else having a rubbish service from this bullion dealer recently? They took my order then said they never got it, then price goes up. The metal was in stock now its not and have to wait, not happy at all as now they have my cash and I'm still waiting!

2. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Not had problems with Atkinsons but they never seem to inform you when an order has shipped. They promse this but don't email you with a tracking number. Once I had an online order go missing but I hadn't paid so cancelled.
    Sounds as if you were unlucky but generally they are very reliable.

3. RT

RT New Member

Didnt another member here have a problem with this or another company in the UK recently?

It was posted in the gold section and he sold gold to a company and they didnt settle the account for some time claiming the police had siezed the gold or something.

Maybe silver stackers needs a new section for members to post about who is having trouble filling orders or making excusses.

Im sure as we go into a shortage of deliverable PMs in the future, there will be more companies trying to string people along to keep money coming in the door so that they can stay afloat, while stretching out the delivery or settlement date.
    IMO, settlement of monies shouldnt be more then 5 days tops. Must banks tie the money up for 3 days (and trade with it in that time) and allowing 1 day for the company to do their internal paper work, so 4 days after selling your PMs, you should have the cash back in your account.

As for buying PMs, if they are telling you it is in stock, then it needs to be in stock!

My last purchase took 5 weeks from when I paid money and I had no problem with that as the company had clearly told me of the delay with delivery BEFORE I transfered the money.

I think most people wouldnt have a problem with delays as long as you are advised prior to transaction and there is transperancy.

Did you have anything in writting, email etc?
    Is there a paper trail of the transfer of the cash? Bank transfer records?
    If so, hold them to the deal/contract to sell you the metal at the price both parties agreed on!

4. Ross

Ross New Member Silver Stacker

I placed an order with them Friday gone and they turned up yesterday.

5. Lurkalot

Lurkalot New Member

RT..... I think it was Baird & Co that somebody was having problems with.

6. Silver Bullion Boy

I have paid so will have to wait, emailed them to say I was not happy! As when I ordered they had no units in stock of what I ordered,even though their website said in stock and they never said anything to me either when they sent the second invoice! This will be my last order from them as I don't like being mucked about and they will not answer my emails also, very very poor service!!

7. Photonaware

You are right to be "pissed" but don't burn all your bridges as from time to time Atkinsons are hard to beat on price and generally they provide a decent service.
    I have orders placed in Germany that are taking 4 weeks to ship and getting a load of BS from the supplier who claims to ship and gives a DHL tracking number but the parcel never leaves his premises until a week later - using the old technique of "cheque is in the post " to keep the wolves at bay for a while.

8. Silver Bullion Boy

Yeah, it's been a hard week. I am going to chill and just wait, not the end of the World I guess!

9. RT

RT New Member

Your right, that was the company I remembered. Thanks

10. klacey

klacey New Member

I was looking at Atkinsons myself, great prices. But with the sums of money being exchanged you would think service should be top notch. I hope your order is sorted soon.

11. silver sultan

silver sultan New Member

You have got to be joking regarding Atkinsons - they are far and away the best in the UK been using them for a long time and Paul and Richard are great guys cant help you enough. Might be a one off but dont give up on these as you could deal with a few real stinkers like AU TRADING !!

12. Silver Bullion Boy

I have had great service upto now, still heard nothing from them, not ecstatic about this kind of service especially when I'm out cash and have nothing to show for it! The wait continues

13. Photonaware

Did you telephone the bullion department ?
    I have always found them extremely responsive on the phone as opposed to email.

14. Silver Bullion Boy

Just received email saying sorry for the wait etc, will get delivery this week. We shall see

15. Stack 'em high

Stack 'em high New Member

I've had a few dealings with Atkinsons and i must say that they they are quite slow in delivery/turnaround of my orders but i find them one of the most reliable companies about.

Price has always been locked in at the time of purchase and delivery in about 5 days. I order from 6 or 7 companies regularly and most deliveries are complete in 2/3 days.

I always phone my order to them and i always know that they can complete my order from stock 'cause i ask them. If not i amend my order.

My only complaint is a minor one that they stock what is popular (From the big boys) not what could be popular and no rounds. eg. Keiser rounds, Victor Hugo's, Guernsey Doubles or even Reapers. and they already know this. :eek:

16. dune

dune New Member

Only problem i find with atkinsons is that they don't keep you up to date with orders.. Their blog says deliveries from 7 to 14 days but the last 3 orders i've had with them i've had to contact them after 3 weeks wait .. the coins usually arrive a couple of days later with no apology or explanation..

It would be much better for them to send out a weekly bulk email to say what coins are delayed and what the wait is

17. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

I've never had any problems with them always sent coins RM next day delivery and they duly arrive next day.

I have however had problems with Guernsey mint.
    They take your order and cash then a few days later say they are out of stock when you ring up, took 2 weeks to get 2x 1oz gold pandas,they don't respond to emails either.But on a positive note they do lock prices.