What's a fair price for an XRF test?

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by Aurora et luna, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone able to publish a list of the dealers in Australia willing to give you this freebie service.
    I think WD Davis does it for Silverstacker members but what about the general public?

2. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Has anyone asked W.Davis & Sons how much of their valuable time and equipment use is wasted on free tests?

I plead guilty to 15 mins, but it will be worth his while as I will buy goods from him in future. I did not have the finances to do so at the time.

3. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I think the real question is WHY do you want it.

Do you want to provide a service = Charge

Do you want peace of mind with your purchases and sales products stating all have been tested even include report, included in price (you may add $1 or so on your margin)

If you want to do both I see no reason why you can't.

If people want to pay to have it done fine.

However the question I think you are struggling with is how will it improve your business ? Does the market really need this at the moment etc...

$30,000 / $5.00 even is 6,000 tests just to break even (not including interest etc). If you did 2 a day that is over 8 1/2 years to recoup costs.

Now here is another option that may work and that is testing Nuggets ? Advertise to all of the local Prospector stores that you buy and test these ?

It really boils down to how many tests is realistic, then if there are too many your time is taken away as well. Tough decision.

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

@ nugget

A bobcat driver without a bobcat is a labourer. A machinist without machines is a labourer.

A bullion dealer without an XRF is a ..... bullion dealer theres a big difference

5. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

And a man without love is.......
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKNTHjOjsvs[/youtube]