what to do?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by grroov, Apr 21, 2011.

1. grroov

grroov Member

i have a sum of cash in a term deposit(10k) till september @6.2%. i am interested in investing in PM but don't know what to do. do i wait till my deposit matures and hope prices stabilise or pull my cash out of my term deposit now and hope silver stays on the wagon. im new to all this and it taken me awhile to save and i don't want to lose in a flash
    thanks for your advice in advance
    grroov

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I would pull it out if the fees aren't that high anyway LOL;

6.2 is such a horrible rate considering you can get 6.5 at UBank without a term deposit...as for investing well do your own research and see what you find because on here there is a bias towards pro PM investment obviously :)

3. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Yep.. you're on silverstackers. Pretty much everyone here is bullish for silver. You're only going to get buy silver/gold and make sure its physical. I wish I had an extra 10k to throw into Ag ... too bad I don't.

Happy stacking (if you choose to go down that slippppppperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slope! WEEEEEEEEE!)

4. grroov

grroov Member

thanks for the replies. i did a lot of reading over the long weekend, it' seemed that my mind changed every hour between go for it and hold back and stay safe. so i meet it in the middle and stuck a toe in the water to test the temp before jumping in.

5. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Safron hehe - thats the most expenisive item per kg that woolies sells.

It comes in a small vial 0.100 grams and costs aroudn $10 !!!

More expensive than Rhodium !!

6. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

The chart looks a little scary and a pullback could occur, so I wouldn't want to go all in with your $10k right now. This is not advice but an idea, could you get a no interest loan off of close family for say $2k and pay them back when TD matures? The $2k gets you a starting stack. You then continue to stack silver using any disposable income. If we do see that pullback and you have reason to still be bullish on silver then don't hesitate. Take out some/all of the term deposit early and shove it into silver. I haven't and won't go all in on metal, ever, because having some fiat is useful in case of an unexpected emergency.

edit: on the other hand Bob Chapman is predicating $60-80 silver in weeks and silver is in backwardation, so if you can't get the loan... :/

7. grroov

grroov Member

i put $2.5 k in yesterday and plan on watching how things go and buy bits here and there when my pay allows it

8. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

What about vanila beans. WOW!!

9. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

On a different topic, how can you store fuel without it going off after a few weeks/months?

10. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Put it in your car and driveeeee.... aparently the atmosphere is a fantastic place to put all the by-product crap we get from industry and driving.

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There is a compound you can add to petrol to extend its shelf life. Rawles mentions it a few times in his Patriots book (very badly written but worth a look if you're interested in after SHTF possibilities).

12. Trichter

Trichter Member

13. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I am going to call bullsh1t. I would bet my left nut that anyperson with a property would hold onto more fuel than this. I think you may be getting confused in regards to transporting as you need a dangerous goods license and acreddited trailer to transport more than about XXX L of fuel down a main road.

I am open to being disproven on this.

14. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Well if thats the case, I don't know anyone that stores over 250L of fuel on their property and I stand corrected. Can I have my nut back?