What size coin capsules do I need?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by mafya, Jan 18, 2013.

1. mafya

mafya New Member

I have today swapped a 1 kilo bar of silver for 10x 1oz silver $1 Austrailian 2009 Koala coins, 20x 1oz silver Eagle trade unit rounds and 2x 1oz silver united states buffalow bars.
    The koalas are in mint condition as are the trade units and the koalas measure 40mm and the trade rounds measure 39mm so what would be the correct size coin capsules to fit?
    You probably know what the koalas look like, the trade rounds look like this= http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-oz-999-...30799243495?pt=Bullion_US&hash=item1e743e10e7
    The silver bar I had was an un assayed bar from the local asian jeweller I bought off him just before xmas and today when I nipped in he said he would swap them for the bar as he would have melted the coins down to make some jewellery! :eek:
    I would add pictures but when I press the img button it just says source img in brackets??
    Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Mafya.

2. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Measure the diameter and thickness of your coins and rounds and see if they match any standard common coins.
    Check out the capsules from AirTite or Lighthouse and maybe even look up eBay.
    You should not have any difficulty sourcing clear capsules but watch out for opportunists or high shipping costs.
    If stuck, post your requirements on this site and maybe someone will assist further.
    Remember to checkout the UK & Europe section - welcome to the silver addicts club !

3. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would be concerned that the koala's had been removed from their original capsules, doesn't sound right to me. If all good then you got a smashing good deal.

4. mafya

mafya New Member

Done some searching and the koala's are listed at 40.6mm diameter so will have to get a 41mm size capsules for them and the trade rounds are listed at 39mm diameter so will have to get 39mm capsules for these.
    The trade unit rounds are made by the North West Territorial Mint as I came accross this while researching them= https://store.nwtmint.com/product_details/1364/

5. Muckdiver

Muckdiver New Member

There is a website that I use in the United States called air-tites.com

The owner of the site has a size chart that is very easy and convenient.

6. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

Sounds like a good swap was had :)

7. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Site sponsor Maggie can sort you out on all your capsule needs, she should even have original Perth Mint caps for your koalas ;)

8. mafya

mafya New Member

Oh dear I have only a bit ago purchased some lighthouse ones off ebay, 10x 41mm ones and 20x 39mm ones for a total of 8.80 with free postage, anything I need in future I will check if Maggie has it.

Source: