what should i have learned from this

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by craig12, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Theres nothing really too learn. You bought when you thought it was a good time and it turned out it wasn't. Unless you know for certain where the price is going this will happen. My first major purchase lost 150USD before the bank wire cleared haha. Just hang onto it, it will go up eventually. The way I look at it is everything else I've bought to this point loses value instantly, for instance a TV. Right when you buy it even if you don't open it it lost 20% then you keep it for 5 years and try to sell it and it is nearly worthless. Atleast PMs have a chance to go back up and should never be completely useless. If you keep your money in a bank atleast in the U.S your losing 6% buying power every year. I hope my PMs will be worth it 10,20,30 years down the road and I'm certain they will have the same if not more buying power then. Time will tell

2. goanna

goanna Member Silver Stacker

One analogy that you might find useful - toss a lump of wood into the water. When it hits, it will sink but then rise. In time, it gradually stops bobbing up and down and settles into a situation where it floats higher in the water.

Of course, toss a lump of gold into that same water, I very much doubt it will float.

3. 1ozTrOy

1ozTrOy New Member

I have one piece of advice when it comes to any risky investment, "if you cant afford to lose, you cant afford to win".
    PM is a very volatile market and its typically not for short term gain. Im a newbie as well and im really liking these spot prices right now. It makes it more easier for me to achieve my target oz for silver.
    Just keep buying while its low and hope its up during your exit strategy.