What is your strategy to achieve financial freedom?

Discussion in 'Wealth Creation & Management' started by Silverfun, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"In that sense isn't house and land more likely to appreciate more vs a unit/apartment?"

A never ending question, and it can be either or both depending on the construction, whether it has been neglected or preserved or whatever. Yes, the land goes on forever and the building does not, but.......

An apartment is usually cheaper to renovate than a house also in my view. You can redo a unit for $50,000 without too much trouble, but with a house the sky is the limit.

JMO

OC

2. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A balance of the 2 would probably be a pretty safe bet!
    There also is a trend with people increasingly liking the low maintenance lifestyle and security apartments offers.
    I am often coming back and forth between the 2 as to which would be best!
    Interesting topic!

3. Kawa

Kawa New Member

I disagree.It's like saying all stocks on the ASX are the same risk profile.There are Agricultural investments available that have sound returns and suit a smaller SMSF investor.

Farms also provide potential vacant land to build a house.

The GFC is only 5 years back and I don't think a suitable time frame to compare like for like.

The stock market shit its self in the GFC and has only had one way to go since.