What is your gold to silver ratio stacking

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by GRETZKY427, Nov 25, 2014.

1. GRETZKY427

GRETZKY427 Active Member Silver Stacker

What is or how does everyone work into there strategy of stacking both gold and silver, gold being currently 71.9x more expensive then silver so its not like we can lay down $1405 each week for gold.

Once i get into it some more id like to be buying silver every couple of weeks or so but with gold its more going to be like every 6mths or so, am i off with my strategy, i mean i do understand that everyone is in a different financial situation.

As mentioned im buying for long term (25-30yrs), not sure if its great setting goals for stacking pm's but i was aiming for about 50 ounces of gold and about 3000 ounces for silver.

Interested in people thoughts on this subject, if you stacking more silver now but will be focussing on gold later on barring the price, etc...

Cheers, HAPPY STACKING :)

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. GRETZKY427

GRETZKY427 Active Member Silver Stacker

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have no target ratio for gold and silver stacks.

I buy whichever one seems to be the best value for money at the time, (but only relative to each other, based on a value that seems to be about right but with no real data to support it)

For a while I stopped buying both because they both seemed to be too expensive.

Now I am back to stacking low premium silver. If the prices rise I will buy the higher premium silver (there is a nice set of sterling cutlery I am after but with silver so low I would feel bad spending $70 on a teaspoon).

I have swapped 75% of my gold for silver recently thanks to the nice high GSR.

Hopefully I will get some of the gold back if it reverses.

5. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Body weight is best for silver, penis weight is best for gold.

This is why I own 3500 oz silver (110 kg's) and 6 oz of gold (6 in)