What is the best first 1oz Coin?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by c158, Mar 25, 2016.

1. c158

c158 New Member

Hello,

Thinking about getting my first 1oz coin. For some reason, I have a crush on the Panda's, but know they may not be quite as vogue as their silver counterparts and may be better to play it safe with????

I am is the USA surrounded by Chinese (my area is a huge hot spot for them - especially the ones with $$$) haha, so the Panda would not be the worst I guess, but want to play it safe as this is a big purchase for me.

I am buying for investment purposes with a little shtf sprinkled on top ;)

Thanks!

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Gold eagle, gold buffalo or gold maple are safe bets if you're looking for gold exposure. Pandas may have some upside potential but you need to be able to find a buyer that will pay for it in future.

3. c158

c158 New Member

Thank you for the replies.

OZ, you answered my question from a second thread I started. Thank you. The reading I had been doing had been more so related to the Panda. Is there a reason it affects the Panda, but not the Maple, Eagles etc? Being that it comes in what I imagine just a shrink wrap type plastic, is there a plastic case that can work with it?

With the pandas, what is the downside? I really want to play devils advocate with them as they allure to me more so than the others. Aren't they a main player as well?

I have some silver pandas and they just go up and up?