What if this isn't silvers time

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bgtrader, Apr 13, 2011.

1. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I couldn't care less if the price drops, I'm really getting into my smithing at the moment so I can always use it for other projects, specially granules...

2. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Yes but I'm pro everything else as well. Which means I'm happy to rebalance my money from overvalued assets to undervalued without any emotional attachment.

I guess you could say I'm pro money!

C

3. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

Actually - I read both those examples from Auspm and thought they basically argued that selling was the best idea.

I hear more buy and hold not matter what on here in regards to PMs than I ever have regarding real estate - but maybe that's just the circles I move in.

malachii

4. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

A lot of stackers also seem to have quite an emotional attachment to their stacks and to stacking in general.

Getting out at the right time is hard enough without battling with an emotional attachment as well.

Malachii has been making some good, level headed posts about this lately.

C

5. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yep malachi has been on fire all week

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I just noticed that 90% of the replies here were from property investors.

Co-incidence?

7. renovator

& we were all thinking the same thing ? is that a coincidence ? or just the mindset needed for sound business decisions

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Good point renovator :)

9. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

[​IMG]

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Point taken about the sale of silver by governments and central banks. however my other point about JPM and other Wall Street bankers before them manipulating the silver price on a massive scale is 100% relevant.
    I know you dont agree with this, but that still wont change the fact.
    You can either use this knowledge to make money or you can become one of those who loses money ... its your choice

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

umm - i think you're hearing "buy and hold" at the moment regarding PMs for the simple reason that they're currently in a bull market with no end in sight as of yet.
    Pricing PMs relative to both real estate and stocks shows PMs to be undervalued still - by far.
    So any PM holders who think now's a good time to sell are a couple of cans short of a sixpack!

The contrast with Property spruikers on the other hand is that despite every indicator known to man showing that RE in Australia is hopelessly overpriced, the lame brained property spruikers still reckon its good to buy RE now...

savvy??

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Property investors in the current market and sound business decisions constitute an oxymoron!

13. renovator

spruik spruik .... spruik spruik .......... spruik spruik picture me doing the chicken walk while im saying it

14. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the evidence of the fact of long term manipulation by any particular firm or group of firms. The only articles posted at this stage have shown very short term (less than 2 weeks) manipulation around the current at-the-market option series.

malachii

15. bgtrader

bgtrader New Member

I just find it interesting that Silver, despite being used in so many things including weapons has been priced so low for so long that it was hardly worth pulling out of the ground. The slow sell down of government reserves would have helped supress the price but they can't do that forever as their reserves run low.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

So you're point against someone goading you is to goad them back?

That's real intelligent renovator.

It depends strongly on your definition of 'sound business decisions' which by my reckoning has seriously taken a back seat in the face of reality.

The pro IP investment sentiment of recent arrivals band wagoning to derail threads here however is certainly strong cause for concern on the ongoing integrity of the forum IMHO.

It feels like we're starting to become a quasi-sommersoft forum here of late with the antagonistic commentary that seems to be slipping more and more into these threads.

Goading people with an impression of a IP investment chicken doesn't do much to lift my mind from that looming doubt either renovator.

Other than inciting caustic replies, I'm yet to see you add anything insightful to the discussions here so far other than to toot your own pro-IP horn.

How the hell did we go from "What if this isn't silvers time" to "spruik spruik .... spruik spruik .......... spruik spruik picture me doing the chicken walk while im saying it" anyway?

17. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I think the PI investors have some good views when it comes to silver, but most of them destroy their credibility by not being realistic about housing. Incidentally, many silver people here do the same thing with their poor silver analysis.

Like has been said, people just get too emotional when it comes to their favourite investment.

EDIT: also to say, it's a good thing to listen to property people talking about silver, because you get to understand the downsides of it, the anti-spruik. It's good to hear about property from the silver investors for the same reason. You have to be the ultimate contrarian to get the whole facts.

18. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

When you have enough different views on something, some of them are bound to be good :)

19. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Do you think that it was possible for silver to sell under cost for such a protracted length of time in the absence of market manipulation??

I also find it interesting that your interpretation of the manipulation as very "short term only" is in contrast to every other discussion of the issue by those in the know i've come across.

Do you not read much or is it simply a case of you trying to make a point against virtually everything?
    Perhaps next you'll ask for "proof" that PMs are still relatively undervalued ... ??

I'd suggest you do a lot more self reading and research on the PM market as then you would not need every known fact about the market to be proven to you... it will be self evident.

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

So "ALL" that JPM are doing is manipulating the price down for a period of a week or two every three months according to your interpretation?

So? You dont think that this will keep the price down long term???

I dont follow your logic at all because from where i'm sitting, even if that's "all" JPM are doing, that would STILL have the effect of keeping silver's price down long term...