What if "they" never stopped manipulating

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by mmissinglink, Mar 2, 2014.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I hear a lot of chatter by some over-enthusiastic people who are into buying precious metals about the metals market being manipulated by strong hands (oddly enough, that chatter almost always begins and persists when the market is in consolidation). I didn't hear that chatter when the prices were being manipulated up by the same strong hands.

But what if the pm market was always manipulated and will always be? Most corruption is never caught...especially the higher the stakes get. The once in a blue moon revelation of manipulation of the market should not lull us into believing that other than these one or two incidents, that all the strong hands are as honest as Mother Theresa or Abe Lincoln and that they are not gaming the system the rest of the time that they are not caught. Of course manipulating the market up benefits these players at least as much as manipulating the market down; the only difference is in their timing and what positions they hold.

What if "they" never stopped manipulating?

What strategy in stacking and buying/selling pm's would change of yours?

2. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

Ya, no manipulation when going up. No such thing as bubbles with PMs..yada yada...
    The banks own the lions share of gold and I'm sure they have a reasonable amount of control over the silver market also. I don't see how the manipulation can end when banksters are such a large part of the mix.
    After years of hearing all sorts of speculative hype as to physical shortages with nothing to really show for the hype..I like the PMs but the hype and other BS from the perm-bulls has gotten very old. I take little to zero notice these days.
    Stackers are unable to explain how 2013 saw record sales of consumer grade gold and silver bars and coins at the worlds mints yet the prices fell against the dollar along with bread, milk and riceI could go on but won't.
    Current prices of $16 -$36 are side-ways to me. I'll buy silver when it is sub $20.no other strategy. Selling prices are a wee way away at the moment.

3. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

I assume there is short term manipulation going on just like there in every market - stocks, bitcoins, you name it

But that doesn't factor in my strategy at all and if it does in yours you should probably rethink your strategy

Benjamin Graham coined the term 'Mr Market' to describe the stock market as a manic depressive who offers to buy and sell your stocks at ridiculously high and low prices which you can choose to ignore or take advantage of

Pm market are controlled by futures so act in pretty much the same way