What fresh madness is this?!

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by Jislizard, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So after two hours, five crashes and twenty refreshes yesterday I managed to place an order for 20 Dragons and pay for them.

After I left work I received this email which I have only just seen.

Good afternoon Mr XXXX

As per our bullion website there is a strict limit of 20 silver Dragon coins per member
    Your website order SO-XXXXXXXX has now been cancelled

LIMIT: 20 COINS PER CUSTOMER
    This is a per customer limit. Multiple orders for this item will not be accepted via any means. If you place multiple orders for this item, all orders for this item will be cancelled without notice. (my bolding)

Kind Regards
    Senior Customer Service Officer
    The Perth Mint
    TEL (61 8) 9421 7428
    FAX (61 8) 9225 5012
    WEB www.perthmint.com.au

I got onto them this morning and got through straight away the first time, had a quick chat about the troubles they had the previous day, they tried to prepare but I guess nothing could prepare them for that. while I was on the phone an email turned up in response to the one I sent this morning.

They hadn't cancelled ALL my orders as the email threatened (I had made two apparently) However they did cancel the one that was confirmed and which had all the paperwork and payment details. Another quick email later (I can no longer get on the phones as all their operators were busy) and they are going to transfer the money from the paid invoice that was cancelled onto the unpaid invoice.

I won't have any for show and tell at the Brisbane meet this weekend but I might have some at the next one!

2. NQDave

NQDave Active Member Silver Stacker

I've been waiting for this to happen on a large scale, just about every person who tryed yesterday must have had multiple shadow orders with the amount of crashing on there website. I was going to ring them up this morning and see if I have any shadow ones before they "can" me .

3. Jislizard

That's why I wanted to know if anyone else has already sucessfully dealt with this, I am hoping that it is an automatically generated email as I am sure Pauline did not have time to write thousands of them!

I am just hoping that they acknowledge their error and just give them all back to the customers, but that would be too easy!

4. NQDave

NQDave Active Member Silver Stacker

Just got off the phone with PM, the one order that went through is all i have on there site. I tryed 20 times yesterday to get 20 SLx1oz & 1x1oz GLD dragons but then I heard the gold ones were sold out so i took it out of my order and then it worked first try.

5. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Ring them. Someone had this problem yesterday I think and a phone call sorted them out.

6. Jislizard

Just updated the first post.

I rang them this morning and the email was incorrect, they didn't cancel all my orders. there was a hidden order which is visible on their system but does not appear in my order history and no confirmtaion, invoice or payment details were ever sent to me.

They have cancelled the one which invoiced and paid for but in a remarkable feat of common sense they have just agreed to take the money from the cancelled order and apply it to the hidden order.

It is not all settled yet and the second time I tried to call I got a message saying all the operators were busy so I guess they are going to have a busy day of it.

7. f40

f40 Member

I had the exact same problem.

The single order that appears under my "order history" has been cancelled and the phantom order is still active.

8. Jislizard

They responded to my email pretty quickly and at least they will take the payment for the cancelled one across to the phantom order. It certainly gets your heart going!