Weight of ASE in mint capsule

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by mmissinglink, Jul 11, 2014.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Just as a follow up, the 1986 proof I purchased on eBay weighs 40.15 grams in the capsule.

Thanks to all those who shared their comments.

2. Danny-boy

Danny-boy New Member

Maybe nobody cares after your condescending comments.

3. mmissinglink

Danny-boy, you are the only one making unnecessary condescending comments, idiot.

4. Danny-boy

Danny-boy New Member

Disagree, your original post was unclear, and people took up their own personal time to try and assist you, slightly misunderstanding your question.

Had you worded it better, there would have been no confusion. You didn't, and there was.

I'm not arguing with you, I just think you should admit your first post was misleading and then move on with your life.

5. mmissinglink

You can disagree all you want....doesn't mean that you are right or even have a valid point.

If you would have bothered to read the comments in this post with anything but your immature and erroneous presumptions cemented into place, you would have noticed that other forum members like Eureka Moments did what any thinking forum member would have done...he asked a question. It was jerk-off Captain Kookaburra who selfishly took it into his own little world to assume something other than what I described which was "in its original US Mint plastic capsule" and followed that with my very next post (which was 3 hours and several posts - including 2 from jerk-off Captain Kookaburra - before I was attacked unprovoked and for no good reason whatsoever by this same member) "The uncirculated and proof ASE's come in clear capsules just like Perth Lunar coins do. The only version of ASE that doesn't is the bullion version."

Only a complete imbecile would attack me for himself not reading 2 initial pertinent posts I made in this thread and trying to blame me for his blatant misrepresentation of what this thread was about. Post #8 shows the imbecile chiding me for his own stupid presumptive beliefs. My response was a justified and valid denouncing of Captain Kookaburra. He very much deserved it for attacking me first for no good reason at all.

That's why it's you, danny-boy who is clearly in the wrong for making the absurd attacks you have made on me.
    There's never been a time in any public venue or forum where if I was wrong that I did not admit it. It's no different in the SS forum. Your snot attitude is inflammatory.

6. Torcan

Torcan New Member Silver Stacker

I completely understood the original post to mean the uncirculated or proof version
    as bullion does not come in US Mint plastic capsule
    it was simply deduction by elimination

7. mmissinglink

^ And even if you were not sure, you'd have asked for clarity (like Eureka M did), not attacked me with a snide or condescending snip / remark which was unprovoked and uncalled for. That's what danny-boy seems not to understand for some reason.

People are entitled to not be sure about something someone else has written, but they are not going to attack me for no good reason at all and expect me to just be their punching bag....that will never happen....I guarantee it.

8. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You should report Captain Kookaburra to Admin for being such an imbecile.

9. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

^ No kidding! He "attacked" you.

Seriously M-link you should just cool it. Sounds like your having a bad day.

10. mmissinglink

@ ironwood, clearly you haven't a clue as to what has transpired here. What I'm having is some bad company in this forum...my day is actually great otherwise. Thank goodness there are a few decent members who don't like to trample on other people's threads (like some others who haven't the intelligence to comprehend some simply put sentences) and who don't start antagonizing the good people like me.

I treat people only the way they deserve to be treated....my days are always good.

11. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

I haven't a clue eh?

You asked for help in your OP and your being obtuse and arrogant.

But ya know what do I care. I just shake my head.....and move on.

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2014 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (ES1)
    http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wc...ctId=17330&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10120

[​IMG]
    http://catalog.usmint.gov/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/catalog/en_US/ES1_detailed_alt_2.jpg

mmissinglink, I think United States Mint may get some of their blanks from The Perth Mint.

The 1oz Proof and Bullion ASE's has the same diameter, thickness, purity and weight as the 1oz Perth Kookaburra and therefore you could assume that the ASE you purchased has a "MinimumGross Weight" (g) of 31.135.

See Perth specs for the Kook.
    http://www.perthmintbullion.com/au/Buy-Silver-Coins/1oz.aspx?size=18

Hope this helps. :)

13. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Interesting. This would be PM forum #3 that you're having a rough time on. I'm beginning to wonder if it'll ever dawn on you that it's not always the other posters.

14. Danny-boy

Danny-boy New Member

That's very interesting PeacePeople, and not unsurprising.

15. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

16. mmissinglink

Stop looking in the mirror when you type things like that, you will spare us both wasted time reading such drivel.

Thanks for the sane and informative posting.

I wish that a few other members here would try a little of the same instead of making unprovoked, unjustified hostile comments.