Webinar with Ranting Andy Hoffman - June 2013 Register This Saturday!

Discussion in 'Meetings & Events' started by Ronnie 666, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]
    Silver Stackers Webinar link up for June 8 2013.
    Open to all Australian SS Members

Hi Everyone

As discussed at our WA Meeting on Saturday I have organised a web link with Andy Hoffman (Ranting Andy). Andrew ("Andy") Hoffman, CFA joined Miles Franklin as Marketing Director in October 2011. For a decade, he was a U.S.-based buy-side and sell-side analyst, most notably as an II-ranked oil service analyst at Salomon Smith Barney from 1999 through 2005. Since 2002, his focus has been entirely on Precious Metals, and since 2006 has written free missives regarding gold, silver, and macroeconomics under the moniker "Ranting Andy." Prior to joining the company, he spent five years working as an Investor Relations officer or consultant to numerous junior mining companies.

Many of us have heard Andy on Kerry Lutz's Financial Survival Network on Brother John (Silver for The People). This link up will allow you to ask any questions of Andy from the comfort of your home PC (as long as you have a microphone, speakers and a link to the internet). Due to the time difference the link will begin at 7.30am Perth time on Saturday morning the 8th of June. Andy will be answering your questions as pertains to gold and silver.

Entry to this free Webinar is strictly limited to 100 Australian "SS" members and initially 40 places will be held for WA members. I can only hold that for 1 week and if the 40 Western Australian places are not filled, it will be open to all Australian members. Entry is based on first come first served.

To reserve your place at this web seminar, send me your email address and state of residence (NSW, Vic, WA, SA, Qld, NT or Taz) by Silver Stackers PM system and I will send you the registration link by email. I strongly recommend you log onto this right away and formally register. Delay in doing so will result in you losing your place.

Sending me your email address and state of residence is not enough you must log onto the link e-mailed back to you and register. You will receive instructions on how to log in on June 8. Webinar start time is 7.30am Perth time (9.30am EST). Please do not send the link to other SS members as the system is designed to recognise only 1 registration and this will jeopardise your place.

The bookings open at 3pm (Perth Time) Saturday March 16, 2013. Please PM me from 3pm this Saturday (Not Before !!!!) The PM list will identify the 100 participants first come first served!!!

2. Ronnie 666

Please don't forget to reserve your place Tomorrow -3pm Perth time.
    Send me your e-mail address and indicate which state you live in.
    I will send you the registration link !
    Open to all Australian SS members

3. Ronnie 666

4. ozbullion

ozbullion Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. Ronnie 666

Registration is now open
    Please send me your email and state which you live in

6. Ronnie 666

Thanks for your response. Don't miss this opportunity to register.
    Please send me a PM.

7. Ronnie 666

8. Ronnie 666

Please don't forget to send me your email address as I need to send you the link to the Webinar by e-mail not PM.
    I have invited all SS Administrators and sponsors to be involved
    Numbers are building up -so don't miss this opportunity.
    Thanks

9. Ronnie 666

I see many of you post videos of Andy Hoffman yet none of you who post these have contacted me for the Webinar? You can sit in your pyjamas and watch the show from your home PC. You can ask questions, argue with Andy and have your say.

Is this the best we can do ?

Come on Australia post some support and get involved ? Like Andy or not it is a great forum to ask questions and express your feelings. We are all here to learn.

10. Ronnie 666

A good number of registrations now received mostly from WA and Qld. We have absolutely no registrants from Victoria, Tasmania or South Australia ? ? Come on SS you can do better. The more people we have the more controversies raised the more everyone will get out of it.

I have received comments from some SS members that Andy made some nasty comments as regards the storage accounts at the Perth Mint. If you believe that, now is the opportunity to challenge him in an open forum. I hope the senior members of SS will not hide in the long grass, but see their contribution to be to the advantage of everyone on this forum.

11. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

Was going to register but probably best I don't as it would be hard not to turn it into a Andy v Bron show (assuming he wouldn't bail if I was going to be on the line).

I've written enough on it that I'm confident the local stackers can raise the issues plus it is more real coming from locals.

12. Ronnie 666

Thanks Bron I appreciate your comments. I personally dont see a problem with your involvement and would welcome it. We can agree to limit your specific issues to 10 minutes so that it would not overtake the whole Webinar. If you agree I will let Andy know. Keeping out of the discussion only opens the debate to one side. Andy may have a strong opinion on the Perth Mint, right or wrong, but he does have some very good insight into how financial organisations work, how the banks fund their debt at the expense of the masses and the value of investing in PM. Let us not throw out the baby with the bath water.

Is no one in Victoria, Tasmania or S Australia interested ?

13. bron suchecki

I don't think 10 minutes can cover 8 pages of retorts.

Andy promotes himself as a ranter (propagandist might be a better term) and on consideration I'm not interested in getting involved in what will just be two people talking past each other for purposes of entertainment.

14. Midas 888

Midas 888 Member

Bron promotes himself as a Marketing Manager (Propagandist for the Perth Mint might be a better term).

15. Ronnie 666

Hi Bron
    Its a pity that you will not join us. I think that if the discussion is civil and open we can all learn. I don't regard this Webinar as entertainment but rather education. I realize that both you and Andy will talk your own book but that can still be done in a professional way and leave the educated audience to decide for themselves.
    Should you change your mind I will keep a place open for you.

16. bron suchecki

Don't promote myself as a marketing manager, I'm an analyst. And yes you have to keep in mind I might be propaganding myself, but go an read my blog post and see if my actions fit that title.

17. bron suchecki

If you look at how Andy writes and his misleading statements I had to correct in my response, you'll see why this probably isn't be possible.

I don't either and think these webinars are a good initiative. I just think with Andy it will end up turning into a shouting match.

18. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

19. Midas 888

Midas 888 Member

I think you missed the point Bron. Irrespective of what you deem your title to be, surely you must be just as much a propagandist as you claim Andy Hoffman to be. After all, he is just espousing his opinion on a blog ,just as you do. He may be right, or you may be right in your opinions, but by calling him a propagandist then you are nothing but yourself a propagandist as you do exactly the same . It is always poor form to denigrate a person publicly because they have a differing opinion.

20. bron suchecki

There is a difference between marketing and propaganda. Doesn't seem like you read my blog post nor the Unqualified Resevations blog post.