Ways to save money to allow you to BUY MORE METALS

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by shilly20, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just donated some new banknote catalogues to our local coin club library, they asked if I wanted the $5 notes back... :)

2. GF

GF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

Not sure if the photo will work....however its a custom made $5.00 note box (Made from bits of the original Orbost Post Office around 1898 I think. Orange bloodwood, maple and something else I cant remember) The rules are not to spend any $5, chuck it into the box. Up to now its bought an international plane ticket every year plus some spending money but no trip this year due to work so the results will convert into a couple of silver kgs.

GF

3. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGTxD-5OnqA[/youtube]

Oh, and though it's not for everyone, being a vegetarian saves you a huge amount of cash.

4. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

5. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. Brzt

Brzt Active Member

Without going into too much detail on the things I do and my financial setup, here is something I do that works really well for me.

1) What I budget as spending money each pay is taken out as cash so that I have to physically see it disappear from money clip when I spend it.
    2) When I receive coins as change the silver goes in one jar and all gold in another. (I'm in Australia so we don't get $1 and $2 notes.)
    3) When I receive $5 notes in my change I also chuck them in jar. (You will be surprised how little you miss them.) I'm considering starting to do $10 notes as well...

7. Savocado

Savocado New Member

For those of you who are not smokers it's easy to say "Just don't smoke"

Things I have invested in to save me money is e-cigarettes, you can still smoke for a fraction of the cost and cut down the nicotine gradually.

Sure it still costs money but it's better than relapsing as tobacco is extremely expensive.

8. Brzt

Brzt Active Member

The other thing I like to do is when I'm making a big purchase for something I don't need, i.e. New Computer, New TV that sort of thing I grab the equivalent gold or silver value out of the safe and look at it for a while and decided if I really want to spend that much gold or silver.

9. popcorn

popcorn Member

Use ice-pack (wrapped in towel) instead of air con or fan to cool you down

10. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

Get rid of your girlfriend or wife.

11. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Just got free after 7 years. It really strange, when I budget my money for the month now I'm not always $200-300 over anymore...but the prostitutes and money spent trying to find another balances out. Horrible investment :p

Like was suggested with the straight razor I switched to a double edge safety razor. 100 blades is $7 and lasts forever. A good razor is around $30. Has saved me tons of money and the shaves are good! Also makes you look awesome.

In my area I spend a lot of time in second hand stores when I am bored. I can sometimes find some things I needed for my house at a discount price, lots of times I find things to sell on ebay that are extremely under priced at the thrift store. Good way to save and make money!