Warning to all silver stackers

Discussion in 'Silver' started by leon1998, Aug 29, 2015.

1. hamannmj

hamannmj New Member

No way I sell for spot. I've got some buy order quotes from apmex, the average being $1.50 over spot.

Edit: thank you though...I'm still holding out some hope we'll see a short term rise...

2. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

That's fine if the avg is $1.50 over spot. If they want the semi numi's and numi's. I'll take the lower end stuff so you can increase your avg from them $0.10-$0.50c over spot for the stuff they give spot for. If they are paying $1.50 over spot for everything I'd be very surprised. Nothing on their site is $1.50 over spot for regular bullion on buy backs. Should you want to sell as a lot for some of it lmk for the things they are not giving you a good price on. Usually dealers are the worst place to sell and then they mark up as they resell.

Holding out is good, 42kg is a lot to move and everyone typically knows breaking things up will give a better price than 1 person/dealer buying all 42kg as they want a discount for such a big buy. we'd be doing each other a favor, but I don't think they'd buy for more than they could sell obviously. Obviously, I'd rather pay you than them. Larger bars they give -$0.10-$0.15 spot for generic bullion and .05 over for premium bullion. My offer stands when it goes to $12 too, but feel free to PM me at $13... We could get ya on the +1 trades..

Some want out, others want in. Shoot, I'll even send you a shipping label for bullion close to spot.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow Apmex quoted you a price over spot? That's kinda amazing actually.

Most dealers will just offer you below spot, given that they know most people want to liquidate due to languishing spot prices.

4. hamannmj

hamannmj New Member

Yes, my 44 x 2011 and 20 x 2015 10 oz kooks, for example, are just two coins that I have quotes over spot. I'm waiting for a bounce before selling, as I don't need the cash right now...but I have investment opportunities that I'd like to explore, one being a small local business that me and my son are salivating over

5. hamannmj

hamannmj New Member

Look at their prices on 10 oz kooks ...I have most years, and different quantities, and apmex actually pays more when the buy order is > $10,000.

If they don't show a buy price, you call them. I've sold to them before...

6. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

"Are indications only for transactions of $10,000 or more. Buy prices will be less for smaller trades."

I don't doubt you, but if you'd like to sell those 2011 10oz kooks for $1.50 over spot. I can do that. I'm reasonable. $160+ ship. I'll match their price and pay shipping. I didn't doubt that they would give over spot for semi-numi/numis, cause they do. If you want to list out some semi-numi's I'm more than happy to sift through the same list you send to apmex and buy at a better price. You don't even need to sell all $10k minimum to get the same price from me too if you want to dollar cost avg in case that spike doesn't happen. :cool:

Also, if you wait for the price to spike, I'd be suprised if they honored a quote at a lower spot price after a spike at the same premium. I'd be surprised if you don't have any bars/bullion with 42kg of goods, which the buy back prices are as I quoted. But hey, maybe you are the guy that has 42kg in coins. Lets make a deal!

7. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Silver spot might have a dip and bounce, during and after FOMC's two-day meeting. Here is the reasoning, I expect a rate hike announcement; and of course Silver will drop sharply; right after that people realize there won't be any more rate hike for quite some time, then they rush in to cover their short position; hence the bounce.

:p

8. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Silver spot was hammered down in the past two days. Technically speaking, consolidation in the current price range is very dangerous; usually the next move is down. Probability of such occurrence is above 70%.

9. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Timeframe?

10. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Classic deflationary behaviour, wait to buy and wait and wait, then before you know it inflation takes hold and you can't buy a cracker

11. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Silver spot has reached the upper bound of a major downtrend channel; which is about us$16. The first breakout try failed as expected; and Silver futures report last week saw massive short position buildup by Commercial Traders/Banksters. Depending on how large speculators act, silver might try us$16 again; but odds are not favoring a breakout.

12. leon1998

leon1998 Member

UPDATE:

As expected, Silver failed the breakout and dropped like a shxt. It seems that there is some sort of support around US$14 area; since Banksters' short/long ratio is close to parity in today's released weekly futures report. A weak bounce might start soon; but definitely not a reversal. In the next wave down we might test US$13.5 within a few months.

13. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

buy or leave it ??? I wish I got crystal ball.

14. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Leave if you are buying big.
    $11.80 USD is the bottom this time around.
    There will be little ups and downs but $11.80 is it and it'll be back and forth with $14 for a decade.
    You can buy and sell a lot more paper silver without heavy leverage at $11-$14 than you can at $25-$35.
    I know they are different , but look at oil (the LIFEBLOOD OF HUMANITY) it has fallen from $100+ to $40 and change and it is still getting pumped out and bought.
    I have read many of your posts and you are a smart character and probably know this already , BUT silver can be produced for a couple of years ( guesstimate) at a loss just so those producers can maintain MARKET SHARE just like oil and ALL OTHER COMMODITIES>
    This is a gift for those of us truly LONG TERM in this market.