Wall Street Journal - Gold to $2400 in 2014 says Bank of America

Discussion in 'Gold' started by VRS, Sep 19, 2012.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

:( I hate it when the wrong people say gold is going higher... a real dampner

3. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

From the article http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012/09/18/golds-heading-to-2000-strategists-say-thanks-qe3/

"That rosy forecast for gold investors was offset with a cautionary note, however, that served as a reminder that no rally lasts forever.

"Broadly, any abrupt spike in real interest rates that puts an end to the upcoming monetary easing cycle may drive investors out of gold and create substantial downside pressure on prices," the BofA analysts wrote."

4. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

This cracks me up.

Increase interest rates? In the middle of a depression? Appreciate the USD against other currencies?

As if unemployment wasn't bad enough without killing all export competitiveness.

Edit: I believe there are quite a few people out there that believe the US will do another 'Volcker' move and increase rates again, like in the 80's. Funny how just that one precedent, although in much different circumstances, means that so many people are sold on this idea, even though the Fed hasn't suggested it since the GFC.

5. Levant

Levant New Member

and there are others saying that it will hit $2350 by mid 2013, or $5000 by 2018...

It is a bit meaningless until it happens though...