Vita Group (VTG)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by finicky, Dec 20, 2017.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bit of a 'bargain' bin scrounger at heart, so I added 2,000 Vita Group (VTG) @ 1.305 on Monday to the initial 1,000 that I bought mid price crash @ 1.51 in May. I don't trust the M.D after her bulk share dealings in her own company but I do believe she knows how to do business. Management has recently bought shares on market.

Buying shares in Vita Group is a gamble that Telstra will continue to leave some meat on the bone for its best sales partner. Another unknown is the prospect for the 'Clear Complexions' business which VTG acquired for $9.5m mostly cash in October. It's a 'non-invasive' medical cosmetics thingo. Vita still has money in the bank and negligible long term debt.

Decade Annual ROE (Return on Equity) % FYs 2008-17

- albeit prior to Telstra's structural and possibly ongoing changes to store licensing and remuneration:

20.00, 13.60, 16.20, 13.20, 8.00, 15.30, 26.70, 30.40, 50.00, 45.90

Here's an interesting 2016 article before the price crash about VTG from R Montgomery: http://moneymag.com.au/vita-group-hot-stock/

The chart looks a reasonable guess as basing. The downtrend resistance line of best fit was broken clear of by the positive volume candle made in the last week of Nov. Recent candle bodies small suggesting low selling pressure. The momentum indicators are rising well.

VTG 2 yr Wkly
    VTG 2yr WKLY.gif

Lord_Dudley likes this.
  2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Spheria Asset Management lodged a notice of an increase in its substantial holding in VTG today. They have been selling as well as buying, presumably with programmed trading, but looks like they accumulated at an average price of 1.37

SELL $1,167,458 for 796,381 shares
    BUY $3,115,385 for 2,211,656 shares

Vita Grp could be breaking out of a 3 week flag on the daily chart today. Feeling a bit bullish on VTG but doubt I'll add unless I can get it cheaper