Video: Chinese Heroes 2 Oz Silver

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, Apr 2, 2020.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Just received this on from Art in Coins! Love it. My favorite of all the Chinese Series produced by the Poland Mint. As always, hard to appreciate in video - stunning in hand!!

500 Mintage. Guan Yu. 1st in Chinese Heroes Series. 2 oz Silver High Relief.

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Great looking coin and a nice low mintage. Amazing detail, thanks for sharing your video. :)

3. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Damn......that's really spectacular looking!

4. TasAg

TasAg Active Member

Anyone know when the second coin in this series will be released?

5. barsenault

Funny, someone just noticed the mint forgot to put NIUE Island on the Chinese heroes series!! Lol. See one with and another Chinese series from the Mint of Poland without!! All of these types have the Niue island somewhere on the coin - they forgot on the Chinese heroes! I also was told some dealers had to send theirs back due to production issues...not sure what those issues were (?). Was it gilded related (have had issues in the past) or was it that they saw NIUE was missing? Fascinating!

Attached Files:

6. barsenault

Here’s a good one for you. So, I see one major, well-known Canadian dealer (NOT Art In coins), has a couple of these for sale - they are well known by this community. I immediately purchase the items. Everything is moving along. He ships them, gets me the tracking number and we are moving and grooving. All the while, there’s banter going back and forth about this colossal mishap (a first for the mint of Poland?) on Agaunews. There’s speculation that some were returned to the mint to be ‘fixed’ so that NIUE would be present on the coin. Obviously, this would make the version without NIUE an error status (I believe). This dealer reads the thread, and then cancels my order, retracts the shipping that was out the door on the way to the post office, and proceeds to lie about how his people put the wrong coin in the box. And he thinks I fell of the turnip truck, and expects me to believe that. I confront him, and an argument ensues via email. Anyway, I call BS, and am amazed to what length dealers would go to ‘change their mind’. Wow. Suffice it to say, this dealer won’t be on my list to buy from going forward....and I suggest you be careful out there - stick with Art In Coins in Cananda! He would NEVER do such a thing. I’m still stunned over this mishap. All the best!

Coins A-Z likes this.
  7. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Not surprised, but I have to ask who the dealer is.

8. barsenault

Of course they’ll deny it. ‘How dare I call them a liar...’ or ‘If you think we’d squabble over a few coins, you don’t know the nature of our business.’ Or, ‘do you really think we’d ruin the reputation of our business to save a few bucks?’ Um, yeah! Lol. After he says all this, he proceeds to tell me, ‘well, I did read about what you said on Agaunews, but then expects me not to connect the dots - Instead he says, ‘oh, I shipped a 5 oz coin by accident, I really didn’t have any of these in stock!’ Lol. Yeah, okay jacka**, you expect me to believe this?

Anyway, you’ll probably see them pop up for a grand at some point or maybe he’s storing them for his personal collection - after all, do you recall such a mishap made by the Mint of Poland? Me neither! A first for them? me thinks so - but of course he’d have no reason to reach out to the post office to recall the package. LMAO!! Although I’m laughing, I was floored!!

First Coin is supposedly getting the new and improved version! What this means is anyone’s guess? We’ll soon find out. My guess is - ‘Niue Island’ BUT I’m making an assumption. See pic attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Coins A-Z likes this.
  9. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

1. If they weren't in stock, why were they listed on the site?
    - should have failed on checkout when their system verified stock
    2. If they weren't in stock, why did they accept payment?
    - order processing should have failed (even after number 1) to state no product in stock and cancel order
    3. If they weren't in stock, why did they ship "something?"
    - barring number 1 and 2 above, at this point they KNOW there aren't any in stock (if that was the case)

I don't hold any preference to any dealer because most (especially in the coin market) pull these sorts of tactics. That's why you should always call them out on it and share these stories.

I'm sure the coin will be listed as "one of a kind" in the near future and will be selling one at a time with a minimum of $100-150 increments for each sold :)

10. barsenault

Spot on my friend. Well said! They literally gave me the tracking numbers! And sent it out. And they recalled it. Is that not crazy!!!