USD and Gold.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by bullionexpress, Oct 3, 2014.

1. bullionexpress

bullionexpress New Member

Something I dont understand with the relationship between the price of gold and the value of the USD. Why is ithe USD strengthening so fast when things are just not that good.

They say its rising because of possiable interest rate rises in the US however it will take many years to even rise to 2% from the 0.25% it is now. So why the rush to buy into the usa. The issue of job growth in the usa is false as most of it is very low paid casual work not secure middle income jobs as alot of these jobs in the usa were before 2008.

There have been alot of geo political issues recently which should see the price of gold rise well. But instead it keeps falling.

In asia and australia there are concerns about property market bubbles and there even has been news reports recently stating phyiscal gold sales are up substancally.

So I ask why is gold not around $1500 USD an Oz?

2. long88

long88 Member

carry trade winding up..

money going source, to paid off original margin loan.. and locking in profit..

besides.. if market that is stagnant is no good for everyone, so volatility/movement have to be here for everyone to make money.

otherwise, there is no such thing as trader, bankers. they will have to close their door.

all of this is a transfer of wealth mechanism.. if you are on the right side.. then you dont have to do anything but follow the trend created by the big boys.

3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I just got a NYT news flash that 250,000 jobs were added in September.

Remember, the banksters own the presstitutes.

Edit because the fucking auto text changed banksters to banisters!!!!

4. Phransisku

Phransisku Member

Because physical gold and paper gold are not separate markets. As long as people believe on paper gold and see it as a financial issue, the ETF printing and the fast selling / stealth buying will keep gold's price down, not matter how greater (pointing to a bull market) the fundamentals are.

As for the USD getting stronger, James Rickards claims people are getting afraid once more and seeing the USD as the "safety heaven" (just like in 2008).

In my opinion, things are getting very odd and I see a lot of possible different scenarios. If this engages into a long stagflation, currency and bonds are the right play. On the other hand, if this engages into a hyperinflation and loss of credibility on paper, precious metals will be the star. But if all of this somehow gets balanced between the deflation caused by some and the inflation caused by others, so that things are (or at least seem to be) stable, then stocks are the way to go. I guess that a diversified portfolio is more important now than ever.