US Silver Eagles or Canada Maple

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Hellrider1, Sep 12, 2013.

1. libertadiac

libertadiac Member Silver Stacker

Just keep thinking it could be turtling dangerous - especially if there's a hot topless Libertad
    chick " distracting" you.
    Sorry to keep derailing topic.

2. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

To quote the Admiral, it's a trap. Our new Obamacare software doesn't work, so we are planning on assimilating the Canadians to take your healthcare software. Besides, we are on to your plans to sneak Canadians across the border through that pipeline. :D

Of those 3 choices, the ASE is the easy choice. The bid-ask dealer spread on the Libertad is 3.19 vs. 2.49 on the ASE and 2.54 on the CML. If I am in Canada, I would probably get the CML. But for almost everyone else the ASE is the no brainer. The design doesn't change on any of them, so they are bulk silver coinage. Under these conditions, premioum spread and ease of sale are the main considerations. In both cases, the ASE is far superior to the Libertad and the CML. I like all 3 coins, but when I purchased it was 5 CML, 5 Libertads and around 1900 ASEs.

When I sold the ASEs earlier this year, I got a 2.15 buy premium from the dealer. That was higher than the 1.49-1.79 premium I paid dealers in 2007-2010.