US Closes 2010 With $14,025,215,218,708 and 52 Cents In Debt

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by chimpanchu, Jan 4, 2011.

1. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/us...-52-cents-debt-154-billion-increase-overnight

Debt ceiling is a big joke! What's the point of having credit card limit if we can just raise it whenever we need more loan!?

I still remember when Obama raised the debt ceiling to this current level like it was yesterday. Viola now is that time to raise the debt ceiling AGAIN!

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

In order to eradicate cancer cells, one must either irradiate tissue with radiation, or use chemicals to get to them or physically remove them from tissue.

panadols dont work.

3. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have a counter-analogy for that.

When I was caring for someone with cancer a little while back, the number of people who would ask "Isn't there some kind of tea you can drink to help things?" simply blew me away.

True story.

4. bennybbc

bennybbc Member Silver Stacker

Over $45'000 debt for ever man woman and child. A huge burden on the % that pay tax.

Last time I checked the average income was under $50k.

5. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Fed will be in today and every day this week to buy Treasuries outright, for a total of between $21.5-29.5 bln.

6. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

ironically 2 of the 3 methods actually cause cancer in the first place

7. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I just can not see how this can continue, at some stage something has to give. A debt that big and paying % would seem impossible at current ways to pay off or even stem the flow of debt. But at this point they are still increasing debt. The issue I have is once it all comes out in the wash. The people who ARE responsible will not be held to justice. There will be many smaller scape goats who cop the flack from the people. Meanwhile the players will be off Scott free.

8. Willow

Willow New Member

now this "$14,025,215,218,708 and 52 cents in debt" is quite a number to behold.. I cant even get my head around it.
    Something has just got to change surely it cant be the same plan as the last 10 years. It may not be what i think but it will be a massive wealth transfer for sure.

Have a look at the page http://www.usdebtclock.org/ man thats a sight!!
    Then check this out http://www.usdebtclock.org/gold-precious-metals.html where is australia in the gold holding table? we do better at the olympics

9. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

Actually there is... kinda. Not tea, but herbal medicine called Essiac. Originally brewed by Nurse Rene M. Caisse in Canada long time ago. She got the herbal recipe from American Indian medicine man. The medicine is known to cure cancer in patients. The big pharmas who sold $500/pill cancer treatment pill closing in on her and closed her clinic and got lobbyists in Washington to outlaw the use of the medicine.

http://www.essiac-canada.com/

Watch this video: http://www.realityzone.com/cancureforbid.html
    If you wanna know more.

10. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

http://goldsilver.com/news/us-treasury-asks-congress-to-lift-debt-ceiling/

Isn't that is more of a problem rather than a solution?

US got to choose whether to suffer Deflationary Depression or Hyper-inflationary Depression, pick you poison!
    Isn't nice to live in a free country where you always have choices?

11. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Are we all forgetting that the people demanded more and more from the government? When the government didn't give them what they want they threw them out for another bunch that promised them they could have it.

Is it any wonder the politicians borrowed more and more money? How else do you pay for all the extravagant demands that people make?

Americans got lazier and lazier, they didn't want to maintain their lifestyles through working so got a credit card instead and kept loading it up until the inevitable happened.

The politicians are drawn from the people themselves. In a democracy, you get the govt most people deserve. It's how mob rule works.

12. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alexander_Fraser_Tytler

13. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

The US represents 75% of the global market for manufactured goods. It's like an addictive drug to it's trading partners. Effectively they're the ones taking a risk trading US fiat for plastic, whitegoods, TV's etc. I don't think it's a big deal to have paper debt. What are they going to do if the US currency falls flat anyway, ask for all the gold in Fort Knox ?

14. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Too-shay: Lemongrass Tea & that amazing Black Carrot juice made right here in Aus :)

15. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

That is a good point. Kind of like the proverb about if you owe a bank a $1000 you have a problem, if you owe the bank a million dollars the bank has a problem.

China has a huge problem. Maybe ultimately they are the ones who have been conned. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

16. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Very interesting points by all :)

I mean, its just like me being given a creditcard without a limit and going on a spending binge. At the end of the day I have a pile of useless crap and a big debt. If I declare bankruptcy they wouldnt get close to market value for what I had bought when they reposses, and the bank loses.

Thats on a personal level, with nations though there is not really a convention for going bankrupt... we have seen bailouts recently, but if someone bigger, like the US, goes under there wont be any one willing or able to bailout them out- food for thought. One possibility I could see happening, and I think this occured when Iceland threw in the financial towel, was the sezing of assets. The US has a lot of strategic possesions globally, and their creditors may be more than willing to accept these in return for wiping off trillions, having the added effect of reducing the global footprint of the US military, saving them $$ and allowing the contenders for superpower status to step into the power vaccum left. This is all a very level headed and logical mock up though. Of course the US wont step down from its global position quietly, because rational thought is not natural for humans.