UPLOADING PHOTO's-simple tips and tricks to get your photos up.

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by m3sca1, Oct 19, 2017.

1. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

I post this here because of its relevance to trading. If there is better place for it-ADMIN please relocate the thread.
    In the age of googling for answers it seems some people still have trouble in this day and age using their devices.
    The number one problem with uploading photos is the file size-Too big and you just get rejected.
    So what is the easiest way to make your photo smaller?
    From the get go-don't take high res photos, go into the camera settings and turn down the resolution.
    If your confused-just pick the lowest resolution possible and see if the photo is good enough.
    If you already have a photo and can't use google to find the answer how to adjust your phone or camera settings, well the next trick is super easy for phone users.
    Take your high res photo and then open up your email and attach it to the email.
    Send it too your own email address-yes you can email yourself!
    The phone will then ask you how big to send the file. And then you can choose an option to have the phone resize it, as it attaches to the email. Once it is on email -open the email and download the picture from email. It is now resized.
    I usually use this method because I like to leave my phone camera set to high resolution for quick impromptu use.
    Another quick phone user option is to use the editor within the phone and crop it.
    Some people also have trouble locating photos that they have already got in the computer.
    To get around this, (Windows users) use the photo album and look at the picture and then right click it and select the "information". That will give you the address of the file so you can navigate to it when you open the upload function on the forum.
    If you don't know how to use your technology-google it!
    Making sure you have a photo is going to let other buy with more confidence and help you move your stack quicker. A picture is worth a thousand words they say....well I used to work in retail and know just how important it is for customers to see what they are getting...i would say a picture is worth a million words in this regard.
    Also the idea of putting your stacker ID written on a piece of paper was mentioned and this is another easy way to alleviate buyer concern.

Pennywise, paranoia, kiona and 3 others like this.
  2. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

I just tested out another "Send it to yourself" method.
    I txt'd myself a photo that as the raw photo was 2.9 Megabytes
    And when it came back through as mms message the file was now 135 kiloBytes.
    Also make sure you are using files that are fast on the web. Things like jpeg and png are common and are compressed nice and small.

GF likes this.
  3. SilverTounge15

SilverTounge15 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I use picresize.com which was recommended by another member here on stackers but a txt to yourself would make it even easier.... Brilliant thanks mate

m3sca1 likes this.
  4. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I just use imgur.com - It's a free account - You can create multiple albums or just the default album (which I have) and in settings you just change it to 'hidden'- You upload your images, it will give you lots of option to edit the image, add text to it, and

also gives you a range of size options. Finally you select an image from the album, choose the size you want, copy the BBcode, & paste it straight into your thread here (even full size, full HD images). Nothing can be easier. I lost all my images

off the old silver stackers site & I don't intend to risk that happening again. :cool:

paranoia and m3sca1 like this.
  5. paranoia

paranoia Member

I also use imgur.com

The fact you an set an auto-resize then drag and drop entire folders of pictures into an album is reason enough for me. You can then link them to forums, emails, blog posts... all without having to re-upload them to this or that forum.

It's just too easy!

Greg Williams and m3sca1 like this.
  6. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

open pic file in Windows picture viewer, right click select Open with Paint, in Paint select re size on top left toolbar, drop pic down from 100 x 100 % to 80 x 80 %, Click blue drop down menu tab next to Home icon on top left of toolbar, select Save as, this will open Computer folder directory for you to select destination folder, then upload as normal direct from your selected folder, simples.

7. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

Good to hear how other people are doing it!

BenKenobi likes this.