unusually detailed article on silverbearcafe

Discussion in 'Silver' started by millededge, Feb 27, 2011.

1. millededge

millededge Active Member

As everyone reads more or less the same stuff, it's usually not worth posting links to articles from those sites

However, the following link, from silverbearcafe, is so detailed that it is a cut above the usual rant. There's a little ranting in there, and I would not advise people to drop everything and buy silver (even if it turns out to be right).

Yet, there are a number of "classic" images and links embedded within the article, with quite a bit of the author's own work in there, and clearly a huge amount of effort has gone into this.

In short, if you are a noob, this is a good all rounder place to start, with a slight bit of hysteria, which as always, you should mentally step back from from the vantage point of critical thinking.

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/02.11/silvershield.html

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Excellent article - im still reading it !!!

3. THUCYDIDES79

A great snippet from the article

Why does silver or gold have value?

This is a very fundamental question. I think one of the best answers came from a movie call the Treasure of Sierra Madre. An old miner was explaining why gold has value. He said that 1,000 men head for the hills with pick axes and provisions after 6 months only one finds any gold. That find represents not only the labor of the man that finds that gold but that of the other 999 miners that did not find anything. That is 6,000 months or 500 years scrambling over mountains going hungry and thirsty. Think about the luck of finding something so rare. Think about how much energy, labor, ingenuity and time that goes into finding silver or gold. Sometimes it takes moving a couple tons of earth to find one ounce of gold or silver. And here we can buy all of that for less than a dinner for four at your local sports bar.

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

lets all hope hes right the end of march will be the true indicator

5. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

thanks for the link.

Good read.
    Buy more PM"s

6. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

I feel sorrow for those who dont understand what a massive bargain they are missing out on right now.

7. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

My favourite quote:

Do you think the average consumer is going to to say, "I would buy a computer at $2,000 but at $2,100 no way?!" No, they will find a way to get that $100 so they can the latest Miley Cyrus news.

8. millededge

millededge Active Member

Yes, there is some hysteria in that article, but it is detailed, with some classic pics, such as Trace Mayer's pyramid. It is wise to keep your thinking cap on, and refute anything unsound. I remember Jim Willie's "attack on the comex" hysterics a few years back. And Leeb shot down in flames by Schiff. On the basis of that interview, Leeb smells quite fishy.

However, Turk is in a more rarified school of fish. He is stepping up the rhetoric on KWN. A new interview ramps up the sentiment of a near term USD collapse as below:

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn..._to_Collapse,_Silver_Squeeze_to_Continue.html

Noone really knows, but good luck to all holders. If the price stagnates or drops, we can still accumulate with impunity.

The vibe of the post is similar to investment advertorials we all know and love. I try not to buy hysterics, but in my view, there is a lot of detail in the article and if you can stand back and not be caught up in the more demonstrative hype (or the glaring spelling errors, always a red flag), then you can get a lot from a single article, which was my intent in posting it.

As for every currency collapsing, perhaps within an accelerated timeframe if not in synchrony. No fiat gets out alive.

9. millededge

millededge Active Member

Agree with you HBJ, the intent of comparing spot to Ebay is suspect. A 2 oz 1st series lunar dragon is on offer for $250 usd atm.

Stating this as the price consumers are willing to pay is folly or sophistry, depending on the intent.

10. THUCYDIDES79

SPOT price and eBay prices were wider apart when spot was below $25 !!