unallocated Silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by HOWUDN, Feb 19, 2014.

1. HOWUDN

HOWUDN Member

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has bought any unallocated silver before or what are your thoughts on it?

2. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

3. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Yes....bought and sold and bought some more.
    Stick with the big players....I bought through Australian Bullion Company.
    Don't get too caught up with the .."if you don't have it you don't own it " hype. It may be true but you can apply the same logic to bank deposits.
    Understand the buy in and sell out costs.

4. Silver Saver

Silver Saver Member

Yes here too. Bought some but have not sold any yet. Still have not broke even yet. Not willing to sell at a loss. Still waiting for the opportunity to sell.

5. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider and to get your head around is if silver does have a parabolic blow-off like 1980 and the bullion company is flooded with sell orders as the price is collapsing.......I would hope that they are hedging the sales at the same time so you get your money or else you are going to end up with silver.........
    In simple terms, if it looks like it is going parabolic.....sell on the up to avoid disappointment.

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have unallocated with Goldstackers. My SMSF has plenty of rules about storage, security, insurance, what type of PM you can invest in etc. and safe deposit boxes have a fee attached to them. Unallocated at Goldstackers takes care of all the requirements and is free storage.

Providing you don't want to take physical possession you don't have to pay manufacturers fees either so you get the ounces at only $2 over spot.

I am also hoping to make use of their Gold:Silver swaps when the time is right.

7. HOWUDN

HOWUDN Member

Thanks for all the advise guys I really appreciate it. I reallylike hearing both sides too it helps make an informed decision

8. JB3

JB3 Member

Indeed.

I personally don't have any unallocated, but do have allocated accounts with a three of the big named companies.

If they actually allocate your metal like they say they do (and I have no empirical evidence of this, merely the externally performed audits) then it should be safer than unallocated. Safer from bankruptcy as the asset is yours in bailment, rather than you being a creditor to them.