UK Lunar Horse Series....

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by barsenault, Feb 6, 2014.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Suck. LOL. I just got 4 1 oz gold pieces, and I'm very disappointed in the quality. Won't be buying any more of this series gold or silver. UK bit the dust after doing such a fine job on their .925 coins, especially the silver. Those are going to be worth quite a bit in the years to come. This new series, and their bullion...not a recommend buy, IMHO. The Buffaloes, Pandas, Perth, kick arse on this one. The only thing I have in my favor is it is the first of the series, but if they suck wind, who cares. These won't get a premium IMHO

p.s. If there is another thread on this subject, sorry, I couldn't find it.

2. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do you mind to share the pics?

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My guess was right. You would have been better off buying a gold panda instead. The quality is so bad, I'm confident they won't be appreciating much at all. The mint strike is also lacking so there's nothingto be eexcited about.

I'll be surprised to see any being graded an MS70!

4. barsenault

Yepper. I'm tempted to send these back to Apmex, but just don't have heart to. I mean, I bought them for 1320, I guess when gold hits $50,000 announce it won't matter. LOL. I have 2 2013 1 oz gold pandas, and man, those are nice. I got those cheaper than these POS things. Hey! Nothing ventured nothing gained. You are right Altima, the stamp on them is just horrible....horrific...terrible. Especially compared to the classic silver coins. Oh, and no capsusal, are you serious. Forever done with the UK mint.

5. yrh0413

yrh0413 New Member

I have the proof silver version of the UK Lunar horse, it looks decent with strong strike. I decided not to go for the bullion after I seen 2013 silver Britannia bullion coins as they have pretty weak strike.

For bullion gold and silver my preference is still Chinese Panda at the top, followed by Perth Mint stuff. :)

6. barsenault

The only benefit if these POS things is that the mintage is only 30,000. But as I said, if they are POS, who will buy them down the road? These clowns have to get their act together. The botched the 2103 bullion coins in a major way. I'm surprised they didn't go out of business on that issue alone! As I said. I have 100's of the bullion years from 1998 -2012. Once I bought 1 2013, I was ick. I should have known better on these coins. I'm going to look at them a bit more closely and just may return them. Not happy.

By the way they come in those slips. POS. I have capsules. Should move them to these? The only problem is my capsules are oversized (silver eagles), and these float around. Any advice? Or is it okay to leave them in until I get the right capsules? Thanks.

7. lee-uk

lee-uk New Member

I recieved 5 RM lunar 1oz horses yesterday......very poor quality,scuffs and 3 have small milkspots.
    Going to stick to pandas and perth mint issues in the future.....LESSON LEARNT

8. Garthy

Garthy New Member

Bought some silver royal mint lunar horses, they look pretty good to me, maybe it's a batch issue?

9. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bought a single 1oz silver RM horse to checkout and play with and it is pristine (or was until I got my fingerprints all over it).