Tuesday, silver AUD25.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by sammysilver, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very "Western Centric" reply. The change in sentiment is already here but not in your neighborhood. In the 70's there was no economic force in China and India and many other centres of economy. Today most Westerners are too poor or unable to invest significantly anyway. This is not a level playing field of equally weighted buyers and sellers. This is a paper Ponzi scheme of epic proportions. This will not be a gradual change in markets but a rapid shift from "all is good" to "what just happened". Everything will be just dandy until its not! just my take ;)

2. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Tar N Feather kit for sale :lol:

[​IMG]

3. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The possibility of increasing QE this week : 10% ?

http://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com/fed-watcher-more-qe-in-the-cards-signs-point-to-yes-17331

"The Federal Open Market Committee holds its regular policy meeting next week, Oct. 29-30. This will be the first FOMC meeting since Janet Yellen's nomination to be the next Fed chair. Analysts don't expect the Fed to take any action, but the policy statement may give us some hints.

In a note to institutional clients this week, Societe Generale bond strategist Mary-Beth Fisher said:

"In retrospect, the decision not to taper seems a prescient choice by the FOMC. Unfortunately, there has been no 'continuing improvement' since the last meeting. Moreover, the fiscal uncertainties became a near-fiscal disaster, one that will weaken the October data and lingers on the horizon for Q1 2014.

"The question now may very well be whether or not the FOMC will choose to increase asset purchases at the next meeting, or whether it will include language in the FOMC statement that indicates they are strongly considering the option."

[Source: Business Insider, 10/24/2013]

Fisher did NOT say she expects additional QE, at least not yet. She just says it is conceivable, with maybe a 10% chance.

The Fed will more likely add something to its statement like "We stand ready to adjust QE as necessary." This would leave all their options open and keep the markets guessing.

What is your guess? Will the Fed give us a Halloween trick or treat?

5. Golden ChipMunk

6. gbickle

gbickle Member

Sammy could end up being one day out... If so, he's getting better. Next prediction might be spot on :)
    See what happens tonight...........

7. Guest

Guest Guest

It's @ $24.25 AUD.

Slightly out by a day and bit short on price, but, not a bad call sammysilver!

8. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I never lost faith in you sammysilver! Great call!

9. ryoga2k

ryoga2k New Member

I never doubted you for a second :D

Okay, maybe I did :p

Great call :cool:

10. ryoga2k

ryoga2k New Member

Hm... if we're still going by US time, then my call was right, but still off by one day.

11. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

so wrong on both and its still not a bad call its a bit lik me giving you a good sure thing tip on the races but a different horse a day later of the same number in a different race wins then you congratulate me on my great tip

lol
    he was not even close it is back down <$24 as I type this

12. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very true CJ - anyone that calls silver higher during a bear market will be congratulated. Even if their prediction is completely incorrect!

Welcome to pack investing - forum style.

"If we stick together we'll get this market higher; we can't all be wrong" lol

13. hilaire9

hilaire9 Member

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

You said its not a bad call and I said the same. Its nothing like a sure thing tip on the races. Dunno how you came to that conclusion. lol

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Pack investing, wtf do you mean?

16. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't mind being wrong on my call, but I am happy that I called the trend. 50% of the population is below average and at SS we feel that the majority of us are in the top 50%. However, we don't act that way. We have a 10,000 strong brains trust and we spend our time making the others wrong. If we know so much, let's put it out there.

Where are the trends taking us? What do others think of spot, GSR etc. This was in my inbox this morning:

BREAKING NEWS Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:15 PM EDT

Fed Maintains Pace of Stimulus; Economic Outlook Is Stable
    The Federal Reserve, still uncertain that the American economy can grow unaided, announced Wednesday it will press ahead with its stimulus campaign of asset purchases and low interest rates.
    The statement contained no surprises, and the stock market barely budged. The Fed was widely expected to continue adding $85 billion a month to its portfolio of Treasury securities and mortgage-backed securities, particularly in the aftermath of the disruptive partial shutdown of the federal government in the first half of October.
    The Fed maintained a relatively optimistic economic outlook in the statement, released after a scheduled two-day meeting of its policy-making committee. It said the economy continued to expand "at a moderate pace" and that the availability of jobs continued to improve.
    READ MORE
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/31/b...-sustainable-growth.html?emc=edit_na_20131030

"Economic Outlook is Stable" This tells me another hiatus is here as the sheeple take more QE and buy overpriced stock.

Maybe another week at sub $24? I'm still buying at every opportunity.

17. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Black Friday sales and Thanksgiving are kicking in in the US. This should raise consumer sentiment, and possibly soak up all spare cash. Now whether consumer sentiment will translate into investor demand is arbitrary, but will the end recipient of this boon move the profits into PMs?. Throw in all this extra cash out of QE so maybe the dollars will gravitate to PMs.

Let's see if we can still hit $30 by Christmas.

18. Howe

Howe Member

For sure it will rise hopefully the currency exchange rate is going down:D and stay down

19. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

not a chance. considering the gains LTC and BTC have made over the last couple of weeks and media coverage it has gained and speculators flocking to it.

20. Golden ChipMunk

Better buy the V tablets just in case. :lol: