Trigo Malaysia 2018 Coin show in March 2018 panda medal similar with TOH 2

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Feb 26, 2018.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I has informed you which XSJ not expert in minting small medal and is not using coining technology in small medal. It is always differ with official mint with official mint. Even the same mint has differ with each product mint by themselves

I am seller which I sell as long as there is demand BUT I do tell the pros and cons.

This is the second year of Malaysia 2018 money show organised by Trigo on mid March 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

The versions available is on 40 mm diameter and 70 mm diameter. It come with coa.

40 mm diameter
    Silver 60 g mintage 99
    Brass mintage 99
    Copper mintage 299
    Silver 60 g gold plated 29 mintage

70 mm diameter
    300 g silver 29 mintage
    Brass 99 mintage
    Copper 169 mintage
    Bronze with Gold plated 69 mintage

Take note the 69 and 29 mintage items need to buy both whole set of 40 mm and 70 mm to qualify of buying it.

Brass 40 mm sold out at this moment.

This design is similar with temple of heaven 2 BUT high relief is not as good and details is much lesser details. You even can notice white spot and haze at sample medal photo showed below.

You can email me and PM me here if keen of buying it.

upload_2018-2-26_11-25-15.png

upload_2018-2-26_11-25-27.png

upload_2018-2-26_11-26-56.png

upload_2018-2-26_11-27-40.png

Coins A-Z likes this.
  2. andrewlee10

Malaysia coin show start from 2017 which Trigo specialize in paper note instead of coin.

They did very well in 2017 in the auction. However, 2018 the main focus focus on Agung note which is hyping and flipping items for pure flippers. I am not sure any western flippers jump into it lol.

There is a North Korea coin dealer in the show with plenty of political theme coins which does not sell well as told by friends who visit the show on Friday and Saturday.

As the coin show medal does not sell well till Saturday and plenty left. None of my friend visit on today which is last day of the show. Saturday which ggoodluck start selling the medal at very low price even the 69 mintage gold plated. I never expect the price fall so fast. It might be due to private mint or the show is not really that success or [​IMG]?. As my prediction which I has no faith on majority of Modern coin show panda in forum.coincompendium.com. What will happen to SG 2018 coin show panda ? The show will happen next Friday.

https://forum.coincompendium.com/index.php?topic=6615.msg30963;topicseen#msg30963

I sold almost 100 sets for 2017 Sg show panda and i deduce ebay sellers in Hong Kong has 100 sets. China ebay sellers have around 50 sets which half been sold before the show. Few exhibitors have 5 -20 sets which means min 60% sold before the show. This the reason it sold out in show so fast else it will not happen.

2018 which I take less than 12 sets vs around 100 sets for personal reason. Would 2018 Singapore coin show panda sold out as 2017 ?

Coins A-Z likes this.
  3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Good stuff thanks for sharing Andy. I’m thinking of buying 1 of the gold pieces. Hopefully the gold piece will appreciate in value. I may buy one piece of the silver. I don’t like the reverse of the trimetal. Thanks for sharing the report. Very good.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  4. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Neat medals andrewlee10...thanks for sharing.

5. andrewlee10

Probably you might keen on 2018 singapore coin show if you feel the Trigo Malaysia coin show medal is neat

upload_2018-3-26_14-33-49.png

2017 Singapore coin show medal sold on first day due to it sold more than half before the show starts. 2 major reseller took almost 100 sets each which I am one of them. However, I do not really fancy with the 2018 Singapore coin show medal design except the trimetallic, Since it is not impressed me at all so I take around 10 sets excluding the gold and piefort.

It not sold out with the show organizer panda america till now. You still can purchase at their webapge.

http://www.pandaamerica.com/sresult.asp?keyword=china panda&sortby=datedesc

Unlike the 2017 Singapore coin show medal which many selling it on secondary market like ebay. It only 2 sellers dragonzheng and collectible_coin are selling the 2018 in ebay now.

As informed the gold still has 10 piece available. How many been minted ? How many been sold?

Ebay listing is USD6.9 k which panda america webshop is at 2.5K.

My predication is the gold will not sold out in another month except there is a sucker to buy majority of it and hoard it.

here the video of the medals