Treasures of the World Series - Perth Mint

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SILVERCOINSSHOW, Apr 2, 2013.

1. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

i really like the treasures of australia series so i hoped i was going to like this one but i dont know i guess now i see it, it seems tacky

2. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

Tacky is an understatment.
    If its treasures of the world then shouldn't there be a bit more of an indication what part of the world the treasure is from. Part of a wold map or something, that cottage in the mountians seams fairly generic.
    And the Observe with lizzys head seams bare and boring.
    Don't think this ones going to take off like the treasures of Australia but we will see.

3. knowles3

knowles3 Member

i was so excited about this coin coming out, saw the design and its turned me off, the old locket series design was much better..

prediction for the series is luke warm at best, i think it will be a downright bust.

4. picturefun

picturefun Member

From Perth Mint. there are ONLY 5 coins in this series

"Treasures of the World is a beautiful new collector series of locket coins celebrating an abundance of natural riches found across the globe. To showcase a selection of the Earth's most cherished gems, five individual 1oz coins will feature in the series, which will be released across five years. "

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...1oz-silver-proof-locket-coin-with-garnet.aspx

and one thing I do not like is they put in TOO few garnet in the locket :lol: