Transfering crypto from one exchange to another

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by capt.sparrow, Nov 27, 2013.

1. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

I withdrew some crypto about ten to fifteen minutes ago and sent it to my account at another exchange...

The source exchange view shows that my balance is zero ... so the crypto is definately out my account.

Using blockchain.info i searched for the target address and nothing comes up... should i be worried? I thought that this site should pick up the transaction almost immediately??

2. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

I'm guessing that the lack of any sign of my destination address on blockchain.info means that the source exchange has sucked the crypto out of my account, but has not (yet) sent it on its way to the destination exchange!!??
    In other words its sitting in some holding place for now - doing nothing! and making me worried...

Pretty poor cos it's a major exchange and i would have expected better...

Come on guys - put me outa my misery ... you guys in the know like GP and Retarded Baboon ... et al ;)

3. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

BTC-E and others do pooled withdrawals, can take ages to even hit the blockchain.

4. Noppy

Noppy New Member

I took couple of bitcoins out of btc-e straight to coinjar and it was within 3 mins. I think it is fairly random based on timing.

5. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

BTC-E like others do pooled withdrawals now, so it is random.

Basically they wait till they have 3/4 people wanting to withdraw, and bundle the transaction together so they only pay one transaction fee (but all users pay the fee). Nice way of skimming some extra profit.