Trader Turned Stacker: How Much Now...

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by heyimderrick, Mar 17, 2011.

1. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

For most of the years that I've dealt with PMs it has been solely on a pure buy/sell trading basis with no emphasis on holding for any length of time. Now, I've changed course (slightly), and began building my own personal stack outside of my what I trade in order to protect my wealth, diversify my personal investments, and just have a fun, tangible item to collect.

That being said, I've run into a bit of a dilemma on how my assets set aside for PM stacking should be designate to each PM. I currently own platinum, gold and silver, but I am considering swapping out all of my platinum for a combination of gold and silver, as I see platinum prices being much more finicky based on consumer spending on luxury items.

Do any of you seasoned stackers have any suggestions on what a good allocation would be for each PM for long-term investing?

For example: 10% platinum, 30% silver, 60% gold, etc.

I apologize if there are other threads like this.

Thanks in advance,
    Derrick

2. AU 79 ... 196.97

AU 79 ... 196.97 New Member

i will suggest go for 20% platinum as there's only about 180 000000 oz ever produce and 77% from 1 country (ZAR).There's about 28 oz gold for every oz platinum ( $1400.00 x 28 = $39200.00 / oz plat ... verymuch under price now) The other, 30% silver and 50% gold.