Today Silver is $300/ounce Inflation Adjusted

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Grassfish, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

The ShadowStats inflation adjusted high for silver is over $300, but still short of $2,000 an ounce. Doesn't mean it can't go to $2,000, or $5,000.

"In 1900, there were approximately 12 billion ounces of silver in the world. Today, that figure has fallen to about 300 million ounces of above-ground, refined silver. This means that at current prices, it would only take about four billion dollars to purchase all of the above-ground silver in the world today."

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Abject England fold to 5-0 loss.... FWIW

3. Lav

Lav New Member

300 million ounces above ground? hmmm doesn't the American mint sell like 20 million silver eagles a month?

please correct me if im wrong

4. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

Read this important information word by word.

300,000 Tons of Gold and other treasures

This gold find in the 1940's would have crushed the value of monetary gold around the world, per Weir. Because the US Government was the largest holder of monetary gold, it would have significantly devalued the US monetary reserves if made public . Too, its revelation would allow claims from certain Asian countries that the gold belonged to them. This would upset the balance of power and wealth in the region.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article8813.html

It is true. The Treasury sold the 3 Billion ounce or 100,000 Tons of silver they had in the 1950s, and then the 400 Million ounce silver or so strategic stockpile got sold/used up by the early 2000s.

This shows that the Treasury had 3.28 billion ounces of silver at the end of 1942. Many people claim (a/k/a have fallen for) the U.S. having 5.9 Billion ounce of silver at one time, but that seems to include coinage (or was perhaps simply made up).

http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cg...inYB1941.p0081&id=EcoNatRes.MinYB1941&isize=M

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/31C51.txt

I think USA has 300,000 Tons of gold. The report says 300,000 Tons of "gold" and "other treasure". There is good possibility that there is another 100,000 to 200,000 Tons of silver. Total estimated treasure 500,000 Tons. Details are very scarce/less. Please do not give importance to this till this is confirmed.

There are 2 possibilities:

1) USA has large quantities of gold and silver.

2) USA sold large quantities of gold and silver. So somebody has large quantities of gold and silver.

So there are large quantities of gold and silver in this world which can be upto 500,000 Tons to 1 million Tons of Gold.

Before 1950, the British were transporting gold from India to England. A big ship was loaded with gold and it set sail from India to England but this ship sank in the endless oceans/sea and disappeared. It is said that there is so much gold on this ship that if this ship is found today, the gold price will crash rock bottom. India was known as the "golden bird" in their early days.

Nazi Gold Hoard discovered?Only picture 1 looks genuine/real.

http://secretofhealthylivings.hakki...t-a-find-cache-of-nazi-gold-unearthed-in.html

Poster 1:

I believe the world gold has more than 1 million tonnes. My ex company is a legal firm. I saw contracts for gold deals before. Last year my boss (a lawyer) drafted contracts for total of 480 000 metric tonnes gold.

My boss represented a seller, and the golds sold to 12 buyers around the world. So, the data from World Gold Council is totally wrong. The world has much more gold than 160 000 metric tonnes.

By common sense, we know the fact (world only has 160 000 MT gold) is wrong. if by size, 160 000 mt gold is only a cube with dimension 20 m x 20 m x 20 m.

Poster 2:

Oh, and his lawyer writing personally contracts on 480,000 tons of gold last year......... at a rate of $1,100 per ounce, that is $16,975,200,000,000... that's right, almost 17 trillion dollars Wow, one, humble ol lawyer, handling 20% more than the entire USA GDP last year, and no ones even heard of him, or the insane amount of effect that would have on world economy, but no one noticed?..... I want to say something soooo bad right now, but I'll probably get banned if I write it..... why do people even think that our IQ is so low to just accept things they write like this... what, is the author like 12?

5. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

Reports on CNBC said "Silver could reach $600/ounce and Gold $6000/ounce".

Gmuer's prediction is based on analysis of the last major gold boom of the 1970s, during which gold prices rose from $35 per ounce to $850 per ounce. Gmuer said that in the current bull run, prices would be pushed upwards by a protracted period of global economic difficultypotentially lasting yearsduring which investors would continue to search for so-called safe havens.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44373049

I found these polls on a reputed Silver forum

Poll 1) How Many Ounces of Silver you Possess?

63 people each said they have 100 to 3000 ounces of silver

11 people each said they have 5000+ ounces of silver.

Poll 2) What percentage of liquid assets have you invested in Silver and Gold?

80% people said they have invested more than 50% of their liquid assets in Silver and Gold (I do not remember the correct words).

This was a big poll and hundreds of people had voted.

Poll 3) Best investment for next 10 years

142 people (75%) said Silver.

My sincere suggestion is that everybody buy 1 kg Silver.

The short story is that nearly all money on bank accounts represents zero buying power, it was all spent along cheap lending into someone elses assets (could even be silver, according to some stories here). Only that those savers dont know it yet. The moment they gonna measure it the same will happen as in the quantum world. The measurement itself will alter the measured value from existence.

My parents are not wealthy. But they do have a multimillionaire couple they are very close friends with going on 45 years or so. He made his money in commercial real estate. After the market crash in 1987 he went to almost all silver.

He owns so much silver since 1987 that he has it all stored in a Brinks vault and only buys (and has bought for a couple decades) 1000 ounce bars for space purposes.

Millions of people worldwide buy food and other products and pay with Gold and silver so they are used as currency in many places in the world.

Currency of particular country can become worthless but Gold and silver will have value.

Gold and silver is the basis of money. Currency is backed and supported by gold and silver. Today many people accept gold and silver as money. I mean you can pay with gold and silver for products you buy.

There will be no currency or money without gold and silver.

6. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

In year 1980, Silver was $50 an ounce. So in today's money Silver will reach $2,000 or more an ounce.

I think there is "$10 Trillion to $12 Trillion invested in Gold. So $2 Trillion to $4 Trillion investment in Silver is possible. At present Silver investment is very less.

American Companies have estimated $2 Trillion for investment.

Here's what the $1.2 Trillion money manager had to say in his April 2011 outlook:

But I wouldn't be surprised to see it $50 either. If silver goes back to $25, I'll be loading up.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/270...-to-short-u-s-bonds-unless-double-dip-happens

USA can Print $4 Trillion for Silver and Gold. USA has printed some $10 Trillion and given it to stock markets.

USA has estimated 6 Billion ounces of Silver

I am giving Silver target of $100 an ounce in 2 months. Today Silver is $30 an ounce.

I have been told that many stocks have increased or have given returns of 2,000,000% in 30 years. If many stocks can increase 25000% or 50000% then Silver can also increase 2000% to 5000%.

There will be selling in expensive real estates worldwide and this money will be invested in many investment areas.

There are 70 million millionaires in this world.

My coin shop says anyone who collects gold and silver he knows for the past 20 years are millionares. What does yours say? Talk to your local coin shop and then tell me that any PM is a bad investment.

If 10,000,000 rich people invest $100,000 each in Silver and 15 giant investment companies and banks invest $75 billion each into Silver then $2 Trillion will be invested into Silver.

That comes to 66 Billion ounces of silver will be purchased and Silver price will reach sky-high.

Legal Tender $20 Silver Coins from Royal Canadian Mint. Its market value comes to about $72 per ounce of silver.

http://www.mint.ca/store/product/pr...0001&rcmeid=EMSx310x3391&EMS_MID=EMSx310x3391

The point is this coin has $20 face value and can be used as a $20 bill. So RCM expects Silver worth $72/oz.

Warren Buffet company owns 129,710,000 ounces of silver. Its first purchase was made on July 25, 1997 and its most recent purchase was made on January 12, 1998.

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/news/feb03981.html

$650 million invested into Silver 14 years ago = Atleast $6 Billion invested today in Silver.

It is understandable that USA may sell their silver when it reachs $100 or more an ounce so that they earn many times more profit.

So there is good possibility that USA may push Silver upwards. USA is $14 Trillion every year economy.

No silver left in town!

I went out today hoping to pick up some silver and there was very little silver to be bought. One shop I went to had only 15 1-oz rounds and 1 100-oz bar.

Another shop, only 10 to 15 oz of silver. They said alot of people came in buying last week. One guy said he ordered last week and hoped to get more on friday. Another said it was a 2 to 4 week wait to get 500 ounces.

Anyone else having problems getting silver in their town?

Just called sunshine minting. They are so backlogged that they are not even taking new orders. I asked when they might take new orders and they said SEPTEMBER! Thats just to ORDER, not even receive it!

Look at University of texas that just took delivery of $1 billion dollars worth of physical silver. Look at all the central banks around the world buying physical. Look at all the hedge funds buying physical. They are not buying SLV. The RETAIL investor is messing around in SLV. The smart money is buying physical.

So yeah...its good to stay away from where the retail investors are going, just make sure you know 100% where those retail investors are.

Sunshine mint produces so many thousand ounces per week. Of course somebody is going to get them, but the fact that any one of us calls and tries to pick up 1k oz of silver, we absolutely can not do it. What this says is that all the big firms are buying up so much of their silver, they can not meet all the orders so they cant take any new ones until maybe september. This is also shown the limited supply when you go to the local coin shops and they cant pick up the silver. Of course the big guys will be the last to run out of silver and then thats it...demand will push the silver prices to insane levels.

3 grams, 8 grams, 16 grams, 32 grams (1 ounce) silver coins available in UK.

5 grams, 10 grams to 1Kg silver coins/bars being sold in India. Ordinary Indian people have 35,000 tonnes of Gold.

7. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Umm have we been here before?

8. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

deja vu?!?

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Is that you Silvermoney ? :p:

10. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

I am not selling anything. Just posting universal information for Silver and Gold. Why did I get banned?

I am international person and not related to any particular country.

11. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

Yesterday, a silver investor said to me "today silver is up +2.5% because of your information posted in forums".

Another silver investor said to me "yesterday I needed some good information for silver and today you have provided me very important information"

I am helping silver and gold investors. Allow me to post in this forum freely.

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - so this guy got banned for posting ultr-bull stuff??
    (ultra bull sh1t?) :lol:

what did he say that was worthy of being banned?

:lol:

13. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Wow... just Wow

14. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

Maybe this:

"Agricultural commodities are the place to be in for investors," points out Rogers saying that it will be farmers not bankers driving Ferraris in the coming decades.

Rogers and Faber argue that the US dollar is on a path to death and Gold prices will continue to rise on the declining dollar value. Both of them agree to Stansberry & Associates Investment Research founder Porter Stansberry that if you divide US gold reserves by the total number of Federal Reserve base money, you get something $6,000 per ounce of gold.

According to Rogers, governments have not addressed the underlying problems which triggered the crisis, but instead have "flooded the world with money." He argues that trying to solve the problem of too much consumption and too much debt with more consumption "defies belief," and will result in epic failure.

Read more:

http://www.commodityonline.com/news...will-drive-Ferraris-Jim-Rogers-24066-3-1.html

What's an investor to do in this scenario?

Buy hard assets, he suggests. Davidowitz says investors should own physical gold, silver and diamonds. He also thinks land is a winning bet, even suggesting young adults buy and work farmland.

"I think investment in farmland with water on it is a great investment. Finance will be less important," in the future, he says.

Davidowitz: The DOW Could Fall 6,000 Points. Government gone Mad

http://www.businessinsider.com/howard-davidowitz-dollar-crisis-dow-6000

Silver $600

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44373049

15. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Yeah I can't see either why someone should be banned for posting silver related stuff while another thread about crippled nipple tipples running close to 5 pages is allowed to continue on? Madness...

16. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

Silver is going to the mooooon.

17. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I didn't see anything wrong with the posts besides being a bit over the top (going to say something else but managed to control the urge) - but we get a lot of that from the permabulls! :D
    Maybe I missed something?

18. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

What about permabulls in stock markets & real estates who keep saying stocks & real estates will rise when there is no guarantee that world companies will have profits due to never-ending financial crisis?

Read this :

Here's what the $1.2 Trillion money manager had to say in his April 2011 outlook:

I sit before you as a representative of a $1.2 Trillion money manager, historically bond oriented, that has been selling Treasuries because they have little value within the context of a $75 Trillion total debt burden. Unless entitlements are substantially reformed, I am confident that this country will default on its debt; not in conventional ways, but by picking the pocket of savers via a combination of less observable, yet historically verifiable policies - inflation, currency devaluation and low to negative real interest rates.
    - Bill Gross, Head of PIMCO

http://seekingalpha.com/article/270...-to-short-u-s-bonds-unless-double-dip-happens

Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

Wal-Mart (Fortune 500), which averages 140 million shoppers weekly to its stores in the United States, is considered a barometer of the health of the consumer and the economy. Wal-Mart's core shoppers are running out of money much faster than a year ago due to rising gasoline prices, and the retail giant is worried, CEO Mike Duke said Wednesday.

Wal-Mart has struggled with seven straight quarters of sales declines in its stores

With food prices rising, Duke said Wal-Mart is charging customers more for some fresh groceries while reducing prices on other merchandise such as electronics.

"We're seeing core consumers under a lot of pressure," Duke said at an event in New York. "There's no doubt that rising fuel prices are having an impact." "Purchases are really dropping off by the end of the month even more than last year," Duke said. "This end-of-month [purchases] cycle is growing to be a concern.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/27/news/companies/walmart_ceo_consumers_under_pressure/index.htm

"Major Crash" Coming for Stocks. DOW 3300: Harry Dent

The good news, for those long, is Dent predicts the Dow will trade as high as 13,200 by mid-summer and the S&P 500 as high as 1430, or more-than 7% above current levels. The bad news is "then we could see another major crash," Dent says, forecasting the Dow could trade as low as 3300 in a worst-case scenario. "Bubbles go back to where they started or a little lower," he says. "The stock market bubble started at (Dow) 3800 in late 1994."

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...-commodities-already-20110331-080715-415.html

Maybe I missed something?

19. Grassfish

Grassfish New Member

Real estates have increased almost 200 times since year 1975.

But Silver was $50 an ounce in 1980 and today Silver is $33 an ounce.

Logically speaking today Silver should be $1,000 an ounce (Inflation adjusted).

Correct me I am wrong?

20. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

How's this instead Grassfish - you're spamming multiple forums with this stuff - obviously you're being paid to post this stuff, as you've already asked elsewhere to "please thank me, I need to be thanked many times" to show you're doing the job you've been paid by an SEO company to spam forums with cut&paste articles with irrelevant posts.

No spam!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.