Tips for new stackers

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Au-mageddon, Dec 26, 2012.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

You know when you want to turn the useless inanimate object into something useful that costs more than you paid for the inanimate object :D

2. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You mean I'm allowed to trade my wife in for a newer model?

3. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For clarification...i do not condone this trade in wife business. I would never trade my wife!!

PS: Hi Honey!!!

4. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

OK - for those that haven't switched off

First off - I'm no expert. Far from it in fact

To clarify what I was saying. Right at this moment in time there's no need to panic buy. That is, there is no need to buy as much Gold / Silver you can get your hands on in whatever form it comes in.

You've got time to formulate a strategy, know what you want, WHY you want PM's, in what ratios (Gold / Silver), what form (bars, coins, unallocated, size of coins/bars, mints) how to tell it's fair dinkum (easiest is to buy from site sponsors), how you're going to store it and how much fiat you're willing to invest. Lastly there's the final stage that is sometimes forgotten. Selling. Who are you going to sell to? Sell in one hit or piecemeal? If you believe say that everything stays the same except PM's are going to the moon, I dunno, let's say for arguments sake $1,000 silver. That 1kg Kooka *may* struggle to find a *discrete* buyer. Same with Gold, 1oz may be a tough call for "under the radar" sales. But if you're planning on selling above board to a dealer / mint then the 1kg Kooka shouldn't be a problem..... if they take it. And even then, if that's your strategy and you believe in the Moon shot then why not just stack lower premium bars?

Just sayin'