Tiger Premiums Jumping!!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SilverSale, Aug 27, 2011.

1. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I wouldn't use that sale as a guide for prices. Very odd bidding with a very experienced buyer bidding up that coin and another one just like it. Somebody wants some tigers bad. Man I wish I could contact that person. For those kind of prices, I might let a few tigers out of their cages. lol

3. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

I've been watching a lot of auctions for S1, all the premiums are jumping, just some more than others. Dragon, Horse, Snake and Tiger have moved up a lot. Rabbit, Ox and Monkey getting up there too. Pig, Rooster and Dog still relatively "affordable".

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Apmex is higher on everything, so I normally don't use them as a price guide. And when I looked the other day, the tigers were still cheaper than the rabbits. However, as you mentioned, they are down to 23 tigers and raised the price about $40. Ebay is usually a little higher than true market, but this one bidder is skewing things. I hope the price stays up near $100. Me and my 500 tigers would be purring like kittens. :) If the price really stays up there and normal sellers can actually sell for that price, 100 of my tigers will be freed from their cages and the money will go into buying 200 ounces of ASEs or some other more reasonably priced silver.

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looking at the completed listings of actual sales, 1oz tigers seem to be selling in the $75-$90 range.