Thoughts on the next Deadly And Dangerous??

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by chicken12, May 9, 2014.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, as APMEX has the yellow bellied snake selling for a whopping 65.00!! What makes you think yet another coin in a lonnnnnng series is going to help? :D I say be done with it already, and I suspect many on this forum echoe the same sentiment. Anywhoo, it's your money. Best of success to you and team.

2. chicken12

chicken12 Member

You was the one so eager to get pictures....LOL

3. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I think that $65.00 for the Yellow Bellied Sea Snake on APMEX website was a suicide for the coin if not for the entire series.
    I think that Downie's now is well aware of what happen with this APMEX way of selling and will change something for this new coin, cause if it will be again sold so cheap the series is definitely over.
    Alex.

4. barsenault

LOL. Hey in like to see what the art work is like. Not saying I will get any. I got it up the kiesta with the yellow bellied snake. Got rid of everything in this series. I agree with alex beck. It's over for this series. Apmex can't unload these fast enough, even at 65.00. I wonder if they would move a bit over spot like the kook??? I remember asking Downie why another one in this series, since the snake bombed so badly, heck I think they still have thousands in inventory, and they said, all of them were sold out at the mint...the games people play!:lol:

5. barsenault

Not sure this is the home run that they were looking for, but at least it is somewhat priced accordingly...although, I see this one possibly fetching 50'ish, unfortunately. Good luck downies.

click on image to enlarge details.
    [​IMG]

6. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Coin is already on feebay, beside one crazy seller asking for AU$ 200.00, coin is currently sold by Power Coin and Talisman Coins at $92.95 as "Buy it Now"
    Alex.

7. barsenault

Talisman has it for $79.00 and I'm sure APMEX will have it for 75.00 or lower out of the gate.

8. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

:)

[​IMG]
    Source: AgAuNEWS.com

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I kind of like the new coin in this series but I think the series is dead.... I dont think there will be another coin in the series which would gain value on the secondary market

11. barsenault

Yeah, I think this series was dead after the funnel spider web. the yellow bellied snake did this series some serious damage, unfortunately. Now I think you'll start to see that scorpion issue go to 50'ish, taking down the rest of the series. I just don't care for it. Scorpion was a great idea, I personally just don't like the look of it. Let's see how it does. I have a few of the snakes and funnel spiders. I'll hold on to them for kicks. I have nothing to lose, as I already lost. LOL. But I know one thing, I stopped buying any kind of painted coins after the yellow bellied snake. I bought them primarily for the kids to marvel at, since my 3 liked them...one of their favorites is the Santa Maria Great Ship coin, which I have a bundle of. Those seem to have appreciated nicely in value...but I'm sure at some point they'll probably sink to below spot like the rest of the painted coins. LOL.

12. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

I think it's a strong design. I grabbed one for my personal collection. It's more about collecting for me, rather than making a profit.

Also, if there's any still yet to buy, the d&d site sent a 10% discount out to their subscribers for downies website. Slap it in during checkout....
    RUT1K0K1M8Y51GJ