This is it!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by NiGMa46, Oct 5, 2011.

1. NiGMa46

NiGMa46 Member

Read a great article that seems to makes sense to me.

http://www.istockanalyst.com/financ...-cover-nearly-half-their-position-in-one-week

Is there any reason I shouldn't believe this? It makes the most sense to me as to why the price keeps getting pushed down, silver was holding quite well with all the worrying news out of the euro zone, greece, etc. surprising a lot of the commentators I get info from. But when it fell so spectacularly I knew something odd was going on. Somehow the smarties pushed it down enough for speculators to have to get out and it just dropped big time. Hopefully as the article says, once these big bank shorts are out, we should be going to da moon! =)

Any reason the banks wont go long as the article says?

2. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Seems logical. Not saying 100% accurate, I don't know enough to make that claim, but it does seem logical.

3. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

See my last post on CFTC mate

VRS ;)x

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I don't know about them transitioning to long positions, but I have been telling people for the last week that the shorts are covering. This should also include naked shorts in the mining stocks. I am not sure how far down they can push the pm stocks, but my trigger finger is getting itchy.

5. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

It is always easy to make up a story to fit a past event / chart.
    Okay this is plausible but I'm sure you could write an article that links in sovereign debt, quantitative easing, currency appreciation, the weather in Siberia or sunspot activity.

6. supradealz

supradealz New Member

so if shorts are covering, who's selling them the silver? there has been tremendous small investor buying. every silver company i call is out of stock of half their inventory. and the hold times... ridiculous. these guys have to hedge when they sell so they immediately buy a position when you are "locked" in.

it looks more like commercial funds are averaging down and loading up on silver while its low. everyone is bullish on PM due to the endless QE that will occur in the next couple years... its not unlikely to see hyperinflation in a couple countries, driving most of the investors in that country to hedge with PM or dollars.