They're faking silver.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Nickoru, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Nickoru

Nickoru Member

Greetings, everyone!

It came to my attention that Alibaba.com, an internationally-recognized business entity is openly giving shelter to the mob factories, which are producing fake Australian, US, Austrian and Canadian coins at a large scale. In my understanding, such an obvious crime should be severely prosecuted. Don't any of you ever tried to complain about this to your financial authorities? In my opinion it should be stopped immediately as the counterfeit of the other country's currency is a very serious offense!!!

Secondly, I'd like to express my opinion about current silver prices. It seems that CME vaults are increasing their stock while Shangai is losing their hold. So, it tells me that byers are not inclined to purchase at CME for some reasons (perhaps, bureaucracy, delays, comissions, etc). So, the CME stock is on the rise and it tells specs the metals are not demanded. At current prices it can't be true because both PMs are very close to break-even costs. Latest US reports say that these costs are quite higher in US and Europe. So, what happens really, then? In my opinion, the bankers and military are presently buying good amounts of PMs from Latin America with a great discount. Say, If your neighbors have some good stuff and you want to get it cheaper, why don't you fake a price on your side and then tell them: "Here's the "market" price, that's what I give, hang it over, dim-witted bums"!

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

The Australian Federal Police have acted before against individuals who have imported fake silver legal tender coins into Australia, and will continue to do so. Unfortunately China seems to have no interest in shutting down the producers of these items on their shores.

3. Nickoru

Nickoru Member

As far as google says, the Alibaba.com presently has jurisdiction in US. If so, perhaps any citizen can file a complain about this even to... FBI?.. I mean, maybe the thing should just get to the media which will in return force authorities to react?.. Media, anyone? :rolleyes:

4. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

if they are not copying legal tender coins / bars I dont know what if any powers they would have to shut them down. At the very least they might be able to seize the ones they find coming into the country but that would only be a drop in the bucket.