The Great Gold Robbery - ETF's

Discussion in 'Gold' started by SilverbabySilver, Jun 13, 2011.

1. SilverbabySilver

SilverbabySilver New Member

I hope all have gotten a bit of Sun today,and back to work tomorrow,sorry!

I read something very,very interesting today!!

The US Commodity Futures Trading Commission,and the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee recently said that -

THE ETF's SAY THAT THEY HAVE SUCH AND SUCH AMOUNT OF GOLD,WHICH IS 100 TIMES MORE GOLD THAN IS ABOVE THE GROUND,SO SAY THE the US CFTC,and the GATC.

SURPRISE!!!!!!

If 4% or 5% of ETF receipt holder wanted their Gold,the other 95% would be suckers,sorry,all gone,and we who HOLD Gold would be very,very big winners,hooray,hooray!!!!

I am totally sure that to most of you,paper Gold,yea right!!!

GET GOLD,AND HOLD GOLD,and some Silver too!!

Please tell me what you think,your opinion matters.

SBS

2. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Well i personally do have some shares in a gold ETF but i'm not really interested in if it has gold backing or not as long as i get the right market exposure and leverage i'm after.

I mainly use ETF's for there buy/sell conveniance, they offer leverage without the risk's of say futures and CFD's and if things take a turn i can get out quick.

That said i do own physical metal as well, and nothing can compare to holding it in your hand and the feeling of ownership but i think it really depends on your investment strategy.

My physical holdings are more of a long term investment strategy wereas my ETF and CFD trades are more of a hedge or short term gain type investment vehicle.

3. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Same here