The Collapse of The American Dream Explained in Animation

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by honey stacker, Oct 20, 2012.

1. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM[/youtube]

2. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

An interesting adjunct to the clip.

http://www.michaeljournal.org/linclolnkennedy.htm

Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy, Two great presidents of the United States Assassinated for the cause of justice.

The artilcle is 9 years old but does give cause to wonder.

3. dindu5585

dindu5585 New Member

link does not work.

4. sammysilver

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've heard the theory that JFK was assassinated because of: withdrawing from vietnam, trying to end the fed, betraying the free cuban cause, cracking down on the mob, etc. I tend to agree with the conclusions of Oliver Stone's movie, that it does not matter why or who, what matters is that it was a coup d'etat and that from that moment on USA was on a trajectory to fascism because of the rise of the military industrial complex and its influence on politics which were based on the creation of fear of anarchy.

It is now so corrupted that the Republic is just a memory and it is part of the 'not so brave' new world.

The Guardian had a piece on the end of the 'New World Order' ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/19/new-world-order )which is worth a read, especially the comments section which has a fulsome debate of all the relevant issues, from left to right, and just as the Cold War crushed civil liberties around the world, so the current 'War on (fill in the blank)' works the same way, and we all choose to accept safety over liberty and only mutter conspiracy to evade personal action and true change. (yes, me included).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-FyuuWlWQ[/youtube]

6. sammysilver

Thank you Julie, your clip starts to resonate with one of my favourite authors:

The Clash of Civilizations is a theory, proposed by political scientist Samuel P. Huntington, that people's cultural and religious identities will be the primary source of conflict in the post-Cold War world.

This theory was originally formulated in a 1992 lecture[1] at the American Enterprise Institute, which was then developed in a 1993 Foreign Affairs article titled "The Clash of Civilizations?",[2] in response to Francis Fukuyama's 1992 book, The End of History and the Last Man. Huntington later expanded his thesis in a 1996 book The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order.

www.hks.harvard.edu/fs/pnorris/Acrobat/Huntington_Clash.pdf

7. finchy

finchy New Member

Nearly reposted this clip .. Done a search and found out it was already posted here ..

Bump coz its a great bit of animation & new members should appreciate it for its simplicity
    Has over 1.6 million views & is easy to understand,takes a short while to get started but its worth watching the whole thing.
    One of my youtube favourites i show friends & family

8. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I have heard a theory that the only real reason America was set up with individual liberties early on was because that was the only way they could get people to accept the Federal Government. While there may have been some well-intentioned people among the Founders, most just wanted to get their way and have a big government, but realised they would have to grow it over time so basically the American constitution was basically just the camel getting it's nose into the tent, knowing that it could be built on and eventually basically completely subverted. Took a long time but the results are there for all to see. It was a great success, if you realise it's true purpose.