The case for palladium

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Dynoman, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

When it comes to precious metals, palladium may give investors more bang for their buck than its flashier cousins.

The often-forgotten white metal is expected to outstrip gains of both gold and silver again this year, thanks to concerns over supply disruptions and surging car sales in fast-growing Asian countries.

Palladium is mainly used to make catalytic converters to reduce toxic emissions from gasoline-fueled cars sold in Asia and North America. Its sister metal, platinum, is similarly used in diesel-powered autos sold mostly in Europe, but that market has been weaker, suppressing platinum's buoyancy.

Last year, the price of palladium surged 103 per cent to $797 (U.S.) an ounce, while platinum rose only 20 per cent. Silver gained 80 per cent, while gold was up 29 per cent.

Palladium, which closed at $817 an ounce on Friday, could reach between $950 and $1,000 this year, and should be "a strong performer over the next five years," Ms. Mohr said. Its previous peak was $1,090, hit in 2001.

Full article:http://www.ctv.ca/generic/generated/static/business/article1931693.html

2. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

palladium is something iv looking at very closely. If it does another 2008 like crash which i think it will, ill be jumping in!

3. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

I've got the perfect case for palladium.

Filling it cheaply is the problem ;)

4. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

5. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

looks like palladium is dropping hard. hope to buy some at $450, then hope cold fusion takes off =D

6. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

If i could afford to rebalance my stack now, id take 33% of my gold and swap it for palladium.
    If im only in silver, would do the same with 20% of my silver stack.