The bullion dealer sentiment and physical availability thread

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by aleks, May 25, 2011.

1. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am sure I am not the only one who is keen to get up to date information on buying and selling activity at over the counter bullion dealers in Australia. The last time I visited Ainslie in Brisbane or ABC in Sydney late last year I can't remember more than two other people being in the stores or not getting bullion over the counter that isn't on back order in contrast to this:

Long wait everyday at ABC Sydney
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-9113-long-wait-everyday-at-abc-sydney.html

ABC Sydney - 2 hours wait to just GET IN!!!!
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-8766-abc-sydney-2-hours-wait-to-just-get-in.html

Buying mania in Brisbane
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-8412-buying-mania-in-brisbane.html

Following on from these threads, seeing as individually we may only go to a dealer once a week/month.... between all the members here we should be able to get a good idea of what is really happening on the ground day to day at the big name dealers as well as availability of popular items.

So what's the latest?

2. Wisp

Wisp New Member

I know there has been a bit of a Perth mint bar delay/shortage in australia. Seems like the dealers in NZ must have had a good stockpile as there's no issues with availability :) Got a 1kg for about AU$1180 the other day.

Judging by the number of NZ members on though here I guess a lot of other kiwis still have their head in the sand regarding the worlds economy haha.

3. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was at ABC Melbourne 10? days ago, and there was only one other person in there. I got served straight away.

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I noticed that Ainlsey were innovative enough to offer a special on their 1kg bars if customers took delivery through the mail. i.e. please don't come into the store. :D

I think that's a good idea. The last thing I'd want is to have to line up for the priveledge of parting with large sums of money. Not that I've bought anything in person for over a year.

5. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was ABC Sydney yesterday for 20 minutes and only saw two other customers. Now all we need is for 1kg PAMP bars to not be on back order for a month country wide and everything is back to normal.