TeamInvest

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by SilverSanchez, Jul 5, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Anyone heard of or are a part of this organisation?
    Im intereated to know more

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not for you. They're not interested in underground resources per dollar of market cap.

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Thanx for the no - help ... anyone else?

4. finicky

Two of the principle members, Mark Moreland and Howard Coleman, appear on the Your Money Your Call program on the Business Channel on Sky News. I believe you can download these programs as a podcast, but haven't worked out how to do it. Their comments are always worthwhile, but they are pure fundamentalists and, if you believe them, never look at a share price chart. High ROE stocks that are at the cheap end of their P/E range, have a stable earnings and dividend history, and promise an acceptable return with a margin of safety applied. On one night, after the usual listener ring-in questions about get rich quick graphite, iron ore, gold, oil/gas, and coal juniors, Howard had a mini orgasm when a woman called in to ask about Iress (IRE) and Wotif (WTF)

http://teaminvest.com.au/faces/product.jsf

http://www.skynews.com.au/podcast/

5. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

The share market in my humble opinion is nothing more than a craps game. I use to think the fundamental investors were the best of a bad lot.

Since the GFC and all the reading I have done on quantitive analysts and their high velocity trading algorithims and the games played involving arbitrage what hope has an individual SMSF investor have in protecting their capital.

Remember to focus on the return of your initial capital rather than just the return on your capital:D

Kind Regards
    non recourse

6. finicky

The share market is a racket, with toothless tiger, indolent, apathetic, under-funded regulators in the ASX and ASIC. It's so open to corruption that organized criminals like the Carlton Crew have found it fertile ground.

What you look for are the genuine businesses that year after year have proven themselves, and have rewarded shareholders. You buy at times like this, or better yet in extreme crisis and collapse of confidence such as late 2008, early 2009. The cynicism, disappointment, and disillusion of many is your friend.

7. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

I'd rather invest in property I control using other peoples money initially to get me in and then pay it back quickly by improving the yield on the original purchase price and increasing my equity so I can go out and do it again.

No capital gains in super after age 60 if and when you retire and want to sell, No stamp duty when the property is paid off and transfered from the bare trust into your SMSF, no land rich tax. While the property is collecting rent and paying down the mortgage it is taxed at a measly 15% less depreciation of the building !!! The mortgage is limited recourse so you are only risking the money you put into the property not your entire super fund.

And the kicker if you get into financial trouble outside super your creditors cannot get at your super property, it is protected in bankrupcy:D

Kind Regards
    non recourse

8. Stackman

Stackman Member Silver Stacker

^ +1

I was impressed by the TeamInvest presenter (see second link in this thread). No mention of costs on their website that I could see. I might give them a ring next week to find out more.

Cheers,
    Stackman