Taxpayers Australia DIY Superannuation manual

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by skipau, Nov 27, 2011.

1. skipau

skipau Member Silver Stacker

Hi all...

I got given a Taxpayers Australia DIY Superannuation manual today from a friend of my dads who had been running there smsf for over 15 years ... Had a quick flick through it and it seems like a good resource. He had said he had used it as his bible since he started his smsf...

Checked out there website - http://www.taxpayer.com.au/publications/super-diy-manual - apparently you pay an annual fee and they send you out the updates to the manual.

Thought I would post it on here and also wondered if anyone else had been using this guide or anything to do with these guys.

Cheers

Skip

2. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

I bet your dads friend has built up a nice SMSF amount..Good on him to have such foresight!

Regards Errol 43

3. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

I joined the Taxpayers Australia Inc way back in 1999 and purchased their Do it yourself manual that was originally authored by a Lady of the name Barbara Smith who has written and co-authored a number of excellent books with Austin Donnelly (now deceased) and Ed Koken.
    Barbara has a masters degree in Taxation from Monash Law School , CPA, Financial planner and is very knowledgable. Even with all those smarts she was ensnared in an investing scam and was used to attract others. I believe she lost a lot of money in the scheme which just goes to show there are no certainties when investing, we are all human and make mistakes.

Kind Regards
    non recourse