TAM or ABU

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by silversange, Aug 24, 2012.

1. silversange

silversange Member

I don't hear much about these two sleepers much in the main stream media.

TAM are a small producer trying to build there holding in oz at Ground Rush over 1.5M oz which seems to be quite rich and open. They are producing around 48K oz a year from Coyote but are currently looking to do a Feso Study on what they do to the 1.5 MTY capacity plant they acquired from Newmont so they can increase their output to produce 150K oz a year. They have production costs of around $780 a oz and are currently drilling on site.

ABU required tenements from TAM a few years back and in that time they have over 3M oz in ground and constantly find at surface many veins with huge potential. Old Pirate seems to be the company maker which has a high grade resource of 465K oz that is near surface and could be treated using a gravity feed plant at low cost to recover around $265M in cash after costs, to then build a plant for the treatment of Buccaneer which would become the main producer in the years to come. They also have roughly $23M in cash and are aggressively drilling.

I'm hoping someone out there has some more hard facts ideas or opinions on which one of these stocks have the most upside looking ahead as I'm looking to get in as I believe the gold mining sector may have turned the corner and looks quite exciting for the coming years.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Cool I went in Abu this week so I'm up for the ride nice timing of your post :)

3. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just about the only reference I could find on ABU here. What do people think of them now ?
    About to start a trial mine soonish and some easy to get to high grade ore and seemingly under the radar of most people. Good relations with the locals , and sure to get a nice little lift once gold gets out of its doldrums.
    Thoughts from those who know what their on about ?

4. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^ :lol:

5. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

3 billion + shares on issue??!!! And you think they are interested in shareholder value? There is a reason people dont invest in companies like that.

Bad managment can easily ruin a good mine