Suprise Suprise

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by hiho, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

You might want to ask yourself where you stand and how you would fare if you need to rely upon yourself instead of the "system" .

2. Guest

Guest Guest

No, I don't think so. At what point would you be willing to stand up and say enough is enough?

Negativity can be channeled in a number of ways for certain, but there's an essence of ideology that exists here that really is misplaced. I get the distinct impression that the general consensus here (as much as in the community) that the 'she'll be right mate' attitude should hold us come what may, which is ironic when you consider much of the undertone on SS concerning the modern world is indeed rather negative.

The difference between someone like me and many here is the fact that whilst we bear a negative attitude to the political, economic and decaying social system for many here they still reserve a very lenient and understanding attitude to the system participants. ie 'they're just silly sheeple, they know not what they do!'

I'm not like that. I live in a world that punishes the inept with cruel reality and whilst some still entertain the notion that as long as the idiots out there admit they were wrong at some point, they're worthy of saving - I don't share that attitude.

The cruel surmation of my attitude is simply the next step of evolution that many here cannot make.

That is, I hold the entire world in utter contempt.

Now that Boston is just plain frakking rude. Simply because someone doesn't share your ideology you're assuming they're screwed in the head?

Hmmm, well maybe by the sheeple's standards I guess ALL of us here are messed in the head one way or another being precious metal 'bugs' and all, but to assume there's something 'wrong' with me because I don't hold your values is just plain short sighted and ignorant.

I'm hardly going to go out with a flame thrower and teach the sheeple a 'lesson', but rather when they stretch a hand to me asking for me to 'sacrifice' even more for the 'collective good' all they're going to get is a door slammed in their face.

I was taught at a very early age to fend for myself and rely on myself, only to see a system evolve where you're expected to allow others to feed of your efforts.

I'm personally sick of it and won't hold to some pathetic notion I should vote in favour of keeping the status quo because if I don't, I'll somehow suffer the result?

I'm already suffering the result of the current system. I honestly have no impetus besides 'guilt' to want to continue with maintaining the current system ideals?

Screw that. Let it all friggen burn and let's just see how 'bad' I get taken down in the fallout.

I'm more than happy to roll the dice on this crap, are you?

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

thank goodness I dont live in your community

4. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

On a serious note, I really do feel you need help.

5. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

Auspm be careful what you wish for. A rising tide lifts all boats and a sinking ship drowns passengers. If the economy does eventually tank and reset it will be a process that takes many years. In the meantime you will probably do it tough and our job may be under threat. How much savings do you have?

You have a family to support so its different to when your on your own and can easily outlast others. Remember what Keynes (admittedly I'm not a fan of him) said "In the long run we are all dead". Saying your willing to suffer short-term pain is one thing but do you actually have the balance sheet to persevere through extremely difficult economic times (think about job security, pay rates, etc)?

All I'm saying is you need to be realistic and take your own situation into account. Sure if you are a wealthy debt free cashed up single businessman then you would welcome a system shakeup as you can wait for the long-term benefits. However if you are a struggling family man its a different situation. Sure you are tough and have lived on the streets and can probably survive anything but can your wife and kids?

Auspm if you look at global living standards or even Australian living standards it would probably be fair to day your living pretty well so potentially you have a long way to fall in any shakeout.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

If you did, you'd be much happier actually hiho. You'd simply have to do away with the conventions of modern society you've been brainwashed with as being 'right, fair and just'.

I've said before and will say again, your morality and mine differ greatly.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD8C8AAE60CAAE6DD

Watch it. Seriously, it'll take you about 90 minutes to watch all 16 episodes - but it's the only way I can put in a practical sense the ideology I hold as just and moral.

Put aside your bias for a moment and understand how I see the world mate.

I have always copped shit from the establishment and it's supporters because of my values, but that doesn't mean I'm going to alter it for the sake of social convention!

The world you see around you today is the direct result of it's established ideals, values and conventions.

If you are eager to point a finger at a screwed up system, but not actually question what the cause of it is, then you will miss completely the message that underlies my commentary.

I get dismissed as a whack job because I'm a non conformist to the system.

I consider it a badge of honor to be it's outcast.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh frak YOU mate! Who the hell are you to give me such a condescending attitude?

I need help?

The morality of your entire system you champion as ideal of is what needs help!

MY morality doesn't represent the world you see around you! What a joke you gents would point fingers at a world gone mad and have the audacity to assume MY morality is that of someone who needs help?

Go to hell mate!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Back to scare tactics again? :/

I'm willing to roll the dice, are you?

9. Bargain Hunter

Auspm sure I can roll the dice but I don't have a family to support, am debt free, have some assets and live with my parents so I can have a greater capacity to withstand difficult economic times. I can afford to roll the dice but can you?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

You bet your arse I can.

Bring it ON I say and let's see who's actually able to stand on their feet and who will fall. I've gotten THIS far purely on my own merit, I'm willing to see where it'll go from here with a system reboot.

I will NOT be herded into servitude on the back of a reason derived from guilt or fear. Screw that.

The world is changing BH, everyone here can feel where it's headed. We are going to face a global financial crisis at some point sooner or later.

If you're still living in fear of it, you will not be equipped emotionally to deal with it. It's about time you cast aside your fears and start to face the challenges ahead than seek shelter among the flock because it's going to be the flock who are soon to be bloody slaughtered.

Question is, will you be one of them? Because I have absolutely no desire to stand with these useless pieces of crap when they go down with the ship mate.

Guaranteed when it does all go to hell, you'll have bleeding hearts all over demanding your sacrifice for the greater good. Are you still going to be lead like a good piggy by the mindless mob by their most cruel and terrible weapon they have against you?

Because sure as hell, regardless of all the preparation you do now, there will be those who will simply come after you and demand your sacrifice to pay for their ignorance.

Maybe when that happens, you'll understand why I am the way I am.

As I said before and will say again, SCREW THEM. Screw them ALL and to hell with those who have a problem with it!

11. Bargain Hunter

Auspm there's a difference between merely preparing for financial Armageddon (i.e. me) and actually relishing the prospect of it happening. Yes I will be looking out for myself as opposed to others if TSHTF but it doesn't mean I will enjoy the situation.

12. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thank for your assessment, and for the record it was not meant to be condescending. However, I still believe that you do indeed need help.

13. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Auspm..
    Ayn Rand, certainly lived the most part of her life on the principles she believed in..But from what I have read, even she had in the last part of her life, had to forgo her principals, Suffering bad health, she finally had to accept financial help to pay for medical expenses.

Also, What did she die of? I think that it might have been lung cancer, brought on by smoking.

Please feel free to correct me as I'm sure you will if I have it wrong.

Auspm, IMO you have the right slant on how to survive if the financial crisis hits soon. You have to condition your mind to what it might be like to live in such a world.

You never state your plans of what you might do in such an emergency..

I have plans too, but I never state them here on ss.

Not only do I have plans but I act on them..I try to cover all bases. I regard it like an insurance policy and I hope it never happens but I'm afraid I havn't got much faith that it wont.

It may well be too late if it comes down to ASHTF situation, you may not get another chance. I just go on living my life day by day and as each one passes, I say to myself, well thats one more day for the positive side of been happy with what I have.

Auspm, you sure draw the bees to the honey pot, and while many of your distractors put up some interesting points, I think as you, in this day and age, it will be everyone for themselves, when the system comes crashing down.

Regards Errol 43

14. Forge

Forge Member

Far out I've missed you in full flight. It would be great to sit down with you at some stage and talk this stuff through. Do I see things the same way? Not quite, but I can there from here.

It's coming whether we want it or not. Most here are aware of that. I honestly don't know how it will play out, or even when. But in amongst the difficulties there will be opportunities; in our weaknesses we will find strengths. Some on our own, some together. For better or worse, nations will be forged anew. That is what trials do. And most come out better than they went in.

As a nation we've become fat and lazy. Wind the clock back 100 years and look where we have come from; I think in many ways that gives a better picture of where we are going - in terms of attitude - than what we see today. 'She'll be right mate' has a completely different meaning when the context is changed.

15. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I have to say aus you remind me of myself when i was younger until i decided to use the totally corrupt system to my advantage. Your attitude like mine usually goes down like a shit sandwich because its not socially acceptable.

Thankfully theres a place for us fringe dwellers.If we were all the same it would be dull.While i still think the same of the system i prefer to put the energy i wasted into being productive for my own & my friends/familys benefit. It is much more rewarding .

Im not what you would call a model citizen....not even close to one & have been in the minority of society from when i was a teenager. I dont let it bother me like yourself that your not like everyone . Like you said i wear it like a badge of honour & refuse to conform to the system & am happy to be on the fringe.

I think people misunderstand your angle on life .I must say its a bit extreme but far from unacceptable . I know lots of people with attitudes that others think needs adjusting & thats where THEIR problem is thinking that because you think different that it needs adjusting .

It takes all sorts to make a society & those telling you your narrow minded are usually as narrow minded for saying it .

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I think we've been through this on SS before actually. Whilst I'm an Objectivist in philosiphy, I'm not going to lay the attitude for my design squarely at the feet of said ideology. It defines my ideals, principles, morals and values for sure - but also within the context of the environment in which I live.

Life experience will also shape people and their attitudes and in that respect, we're all as diverse as can possibly be.

Given all that, how we view the world and our attitudes to it are absolutely going to differ.

But where I'll draw the line in the sand is when other people assume it's their moral duty to set me right on what I should value and what moral code I should adhere to. I will not tolerate it and will respond strongly against it!

People will debate strongly that there's nothing wrong with the moral code which defines our society and way of life and then hypocritically lambast the state of the world as we see it, or ostracize those who ave the audacity to critique it.

Hence why I reserve absolutely no pity or remorse for the state of the world and the suffering of it's inhabitants. The nature of the horrors of the world you see (or don't see as is the case with some) can be squarely laid at the feet of that which people are not only too afraid to name, but also quick to defend.

It's pathetic & the nature of self sacrifice which undermines the world will be the undoing of our society we all praise as being of a virtuous standard worthy of defending to the bitter end.

Just think of where THOSE standards stem from and dare question the source.

When it all goes to shit those parasites and looters will be knocking on YOUR door begging for mercy.

Will you open it and let them continue their ways and deny you and your family?

Will you even be given a choice?

At what point will you get angry and resentful that your own efforts will be stripped on the basis of need, the need of the collective that society deems is moral in the hands of the many, but evil in the hands of the few who used their brains to plan ahead.

I feel like I'm banging my damn head against a brick wall here but it has to be said. We go around in never ending circles on this forum looking to lay blame, but not daring address the root causes.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that the ones who need help are those deluding themselves , seeing a point of view such as that of auspm as a negative only go's towards enforcing the illusion of life as it currently exists, it is a matrix of ones own making a contract with the devil if you like.

By buying into the construct of society as it currently exists and willfully playing a part in it you not only enforce the illusion that all is well and good you also willingly undermine your own potential to exist outside of it.

How many of you can or are able to grow your own vegetables, kill butcher and preserve your own meat, exist hygienically without power or running water, waste disposal, medical care, fuel, emergency services, police enforcement, public transport, supermarkets or any of the endless list of convenient but oh so essential services you are so accustomed to ?

People here think of a reboot as a purely financial entity when in reality that is just the tip of the iceberg, when the pigeons really come home to roost it will be of unfathomable repercussions . The only thing you will be able to rely upon is yourself.

And I say good riddance to it all, it is a system that has fed upon itself for so long with all and sundry partaking of the meal and all that is left to feast upon is it's own arsehole.

Mind you TPTB will sell that as desert and the sheeple will gobble that up too.

http://www.messagefrommasters.com/Stories/Conditioning/gurdjieffouspensky.htm