Sunshine Minting Eagle Round 1oz.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by ryan71, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ryan71

ryan71 Member

Hey Guys,

I searched for this, didn't find anything, but surely there has been some conversation about it....

What do you think about Sunshine Minting round 1oz.? I see really good deals on them. Of course, they're not "coins" but I'm stacking for the silver. Should I expect to get less back when selling them verses an American Silver Eagle?

Thanks!!!

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not much time is devoted to generic rounds as there is not much to say about them. They should be low premium and they should be able to keep that premium when you resell them.

If you were just stacking for the silver I would go with silver bars or go for the low premium random selection assortment that some of the dealers offer to get rid of the stuff they have bought back from the public.

The Sunshine Mint produces some nice rounds though but they probably won't be highly collectable.

Some of the other coins are collectable and their premiums might increase over the years. If you sell them back to a dealer you won't get to see any of that though.

3. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good idea ... Something that I have been amazed at is the popularity of the low premium category on the Gold Stackers site.

There is nowhere near enough public buybacks to actually stock the category. In fact 98% of the time you will get a brand new round, and has been the same Eagles as outlined above. Lot of incuse Indians going out through Low Premium at the moment. They look great.

C.K.

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I just bought another 10 low premium 1oz rounds from Goldstackers on Cyber Monday. I also bought 50oz of low premium from APMEX and got a real mixed bag, 4oz rounds, 8 oz rounds, minted bars etc.

Last time I bought some 10oz low premium bars from Goldstackers they turned out to be brand new Perth Mint bars, not going to complain about that.