Sub $30 silver - will it be possible to find anything to buy?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Billythekid, Dec 13, 2011.

1. numismata

numismata New Member

Newbie question re Perth Mint - if a 2012 dated stock item says "unavailable" does this mean that this item will be available in 2012 - as opposed to having sold out on this item?

2. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

G'day Curious,

Not sure where you are so can't really recommend any local places for you. Even on SS this morning there have been several good deals go through at reduced prices. Some of the online dealers have had some good buys too - the ones that link prices to spot anyway. I've scored some good buys from a few people wanting to offload in a hurry due to financial commitments but these are more word of mouth (or email/PM) due to privacy concerns.

malachii

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

yes... snakes lol

4. upandaway

upandaway Member

I think this is very much an Australian thing where the dealers on a whole may be smaller and local? It is never difficult to get silver per se in Europe. It's one of those things the permbulls seemed to love to get all in a pickle over. It's not the fall in silver prices that causes very temporary shortages. But the VELOCITY of the fall.

We have been trending between $26 and $28 for a few weeks and there aren't any shortages of anything if I want it. It's after a trend of higher prices followed by a spike low that poeple all rush to BTFD and of course small dealers then run low.

It is totally sensationalised by the likes of BJF time and again and to be honest rather tiring.