Stockmarket Blues

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSale, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Funny to see some posters here have high opinions of themselves. Many of these snobbish types never seem to stick their neck out making a prediction of ANY kind, but will gladly drop in to a thread and poo poo what someone else says, with oodles of snobbery dripping off of every word they write- yet, in the end they never say anything of substance because that would make them vulnerable to being WRONG.

I won't mention any names.

Just my opinion.

Jim

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

There are daytraders weektraders monthtraders year and decade(s)traders etc and the problem is that 1 term class has critic on another term class using reasons that are valid for their term instead of the other. The difference is ignored and people start to blame eachother with reasons that are just not relevant for the other. Even the word "trade" becomes less and less relevant, with the term increasing. Take for ex. someone that buys 1000 ounces silver in 2000 and sells them in 2020. Price varied over the period between $5 and $50. Numerous charts tech analysis blah blah etc for that X months period, that Y months period, that Z weeks period, etc. But, for this "someone", they're all irrelevant. The same applies in the opposite way. How relevant is a price fluctuation as big as $45 if you're a daytrader on a day were it fluctuates $1?
    So I'd say, give other people a break, they might be talking on their term, not yours. But the term should be made clear, and as I've seen happening enough times: it is not.

3. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I stuck my neck out and made predictions all the time here based on my trusty crystal ball. I was predicting things like USD will go down big time when most here were saying it will go 50c AUD. Watch where USD is by end of year. I also made many more predictions on world related matters too and some of them have already come shockingly true much to the disbelief of many here. But they are in denial still. As time goes on my trusty crystal ball will make me look like god here! :p

4. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Noticed that silver put in a bullish flag or wedge, while gold put in a bearish pennant, schitzo world. Might be the chart painters new weapon to throw the paper buyers off the scent. GSR 78.6.

5. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

I am not thin skinned but i do get deeply hurt when people say things like "How are you going" or , "what have you been up to lately".....
    Some might consider that being a bit sensitive but , its not what the said, it's how they said it. :)

Wy So

6. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

HELP I am having trouble finding a BROKEr . Here are my criteria.
    Need to trade ASX and TSX Canada
    Need a broker that is non USA and accepts Aussies
    No surcharge on micro cap penny stocks ( Flat fee)
    No more than $2000 initial deposit
    Shouldnt be hard really, please help me, sniff sob... By the way i have started a thread over at the trading section titled $2000 to $500,000.

7. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Back to the original topic....

....PMs are rallying tonite alongside the USD. Haven't really seen this delicious combo since the last rush to safety.

Europe has opened lower and US futures are down. I'm staying on alert for a potential stalling and pullback of the recent market rally. Hope all you fellow bears have got your sidelined cash ready to go :p

8. scrooged

scrooged New Member

No one cares what you think.

9. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Scrooged Thats so sweet. Nobody has ever accused me of "thinking" before.

10. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ Scrooged is not a bad bloke......when his sleeping :D

11. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

May be a temporary flight to safety given what's happening in Brussels. Saw a similar rally last year after the Paris terrorist attacks

12. BuggedOut

Yes, I agree. I wasn't aware of the attacks when I posted and it makes sense that it would be the cause for some flight to safety. The European markets already seem to be recovering somewhat.

Regardless, I remain on high alert. I still think silver is poised to break out and the oil driven stock rally is due to run out of puff soon. Who knows what the catalyst for the next reversal will be. The last reversal was triggered by a bogus OPEC oil production cut rumor, and look where that took things! :p

13. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

There are two planets.
    Reality.
    Expectation.
    Those that buy stuff on Reality with dollars from Expectation are the cows that are milked by those that do the opposite.

14. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks like people have been busy in my absence :D

Trade the market people, and have a system in place if it goes against you - simple.

I've been stopped out twice!!!

Back short again TODAY :) :)

Happy trading.

15. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its tricky to get a good read on price action at these levels, nasdaq is still lagging and best probably best to stay flat. May/june will probably present a better opportunity to get short if US markets keep moving up.

16. SilverSale

I'm predicting at least a 1000-1500 pt drop to complete wave E down.

The bigger crash decline could still be in play (which I'm hoping for), but if it doesn't eventuate before 15th April, that option will likely not play out.

17. SilverSale

Should have mentioned that was Dow figures.. :D

18. SilverSale

Yet another good short entry logged overnight.
    What most of you gents don't seem to grasp is how crucial the entry is.
    Pick your entry correctly & combine it with a good stop - you either make money or break even each time.
    Doesn't matter how many times you get stopped out in the process, the big picture remains the same.

19. BuggedOut

Oil dropped over 4% last night. I'd need it to break the short term uptrend before going short again, but it might not be too far off that now.

20. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I played a bit of TVIX in the past. Thinking of using this ETN again the next time my expert analysis tells me the stock market is going to fall (which causes TVIX to go up). TVIX is not a great "vehicle" for buying and holding but is good when the action gets going and you get in at the right time.

I had one great trade then two losers last time I played it. I am still a bit ahead on it but not by much. FWIW TVIX does not really follow the real VIX like you think it would. Nonetheless it can gain and lose very quickly and is a way to "short" the general stock markets for very short term trades.

PS I am NOT recommending this to anyone. It is very risky as far as ETF-type investments go.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=TVIX

Just my opinion.

Jim