Still Wating on Lunar Dragons 1/2 oz 2 oz and 5 oz

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by 1for1, Oct 27, 2011.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else still waiting for there Lunar Dragons ordered in early September?

I am still wating for my 1/2, 2 and 5 oz deliverys...

I have been waiting pateintly but am starting to get annoyed.. in the last 40 days i have had many oppertunites to buy other silver.. there is a very real oppertunity cost tieing up large amounts of money.. expecting delivery during the STATED TIME and then not getting it and foregoing many grand oppertunitys in the meantime.

The most annoying thing with these dragons is that they are supposidly unlimited so i am thinking about cancelling these orders and getting a cash refund.. after all ill properbly be able to buy them back later cheaper anyway?

Does anyone actually think the perth mint will fufull the current dragon obligations and will they be producing these the during 2012 or is the amount sold going to be it.. i know OFFICALLY but put zero fiath in PR rhetoric...

I note BB put up an extensive waver about how the PM were basically giving them the shaft and that any quoted duration could not be relyed on.. the whole WAIT TIME for silver is a freaking piss-take..

To put it bluntly.. im totally pissed at the PM, they are making all there secondary dealers look like mud and the end result is im down a bunch of cash with no silver to show..

I understand waiting is part of the game but the quoted time til delivery MUST IN SOME WAY MATCH ACTUAL DELIVERY else pissed off customers will be the result.. So here i am.

I will be taking actions this week as its not good enough!

1for1 (in Angry mode)

2. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

you mean proof edition or BU?

there have BU selling on ebay from USA with 60 bucks ea I think (not quite sure the price but around 60)

3. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I've received my typeset from OzBullion which had a 1/2oz, 2oz, 5oz etc. so I had assumed that the Perth Mint would have produced enough to fulfill initial orders, although this sounds like a massive kick in the teeth. I've actually been waiting for them to resume minting the other sizes so I can grab a few, but might hold off until it's CONFIRMED.

4. Elemental

Elemental Active Member Silver Stacker

Last time I went to the mint I asked about when they would have stock of the 1/2 and 2oz coins and the answer was that I could order some and lock in a price but it could be months before I receive them. The guy told me they are minting more but the entire output is all going to fullfil back orders so it could be 'some time' before they have them available for purchase at the mint. I'm usually one of the first people to defend the Perth Mint as I have never had any problems in receiving goods and have always had a good buying experience. If I had ordered in Sep and still hadn't received my silver I would be very upset - 2 months is a long time to wait.

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi, Just Bullion Nic.. not type sets.. just rolls of 20...

I actually ordered from BB as i dont deal with PM due to not being able to complete there sign-up process (and the fact they are more expensive plus all the other negatives i thankfully have not had to personally experience).

BB i rate, i dont want to hate on BB as i know its the supply side from the PM which is holding up orders, i just think given the inital estimation of 2+ weeks that 5 weeks is unacceptable and i am simply running out of time as delivery has blown out over any logical wating period i was expecting.. the thing that annoys me constantly is that others have theres and have been able to get supernormal profits.. So not only do i not have and cannot sell but it could be sometime before i do.. the oppertunity cost is my cognitive dissonance.

1for1

6. ozbullion

ozbullion Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1for1, as far as i known, perthmint didn't take any orders for size 1/2 oz, 2 oz and 5oz at this stage.

we received our stocks 2 weeks ago for above size. you might need to check with BB regarding your order.

7. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

I got an email last night from BB telling me "Unfortunately we are still having problems with getting some of the Perth Mint products in"

Thats all im saying at this stage but i expect to hear back additional info today.

I will be saddend if they took delivery of sufficent quantities to fill my two small orders but without more information the above is just more fuel to the fire and strengthens my resolve!

What is reasonable?

I remember when a new american guy posted here saying he was wating ages to take delivery from BB and how unreliable was BB? We all jumped in to defend BB as a great supplier who could be trusted.. two weeks later im starting to feel bad for telling the guy he had it wrong.. looks like hell be waiting a few more weeks unless they give his order priority to mine (if BB uses the same logic as PM shipping to OS customers first and leaving the left-overs for us aussies to fightover)..

Might just take up golf me thinks.. ill keep my hair longer.

1for1

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Guys, delivery from PM lately has been less than optimal - the group buy Platinum coins took 3 weeks to arrive (second half arrived today) and I'd been advised they were available for immediate shipping. Not sure whether it's simply a case of struggling to keep up with demand (packing & dispatching is a labour intensive activity) or something else - but I don't believe the 1/2oz, 2oz and 5oz Dragon coins have been available to order since early September, and no future availability date has been announced, other than the original statement stating it was a temporary halt.

Minting priorities change in response to market conditions - we've gone from 300,000 of the 1oz Dragons needing to be struck taking up press time, now it's 500,000 1oz Kookaburras being struck - presumably every time 1oz production is moved forward, the availability of the other sizes keeps getting pushed out that bit more.

Managing production prioritisation at the mint at this time of year combined with Dragon releases and surge in metals demand is *not* a job I would envy. An unfortunate outcome is it makes dealers in the supply chain look bad when delivery times slip, but I'd warrant it's entirely beyond dealers' control.

9. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

not directly related but...

"Dear Roman

Thank you for your order for Australian Lunar coins.

You may be aware that we have been experiencing unprecedented demand worldwide for our 2012 Year of the Dragon gold and silver coins as well as coins from previous years in the series.

As a result, despatch of many orders containing these coins has been delayed, and yours is amongst them.

Our minting division is currently working virtually around the clock to clear the backlog and meet this demand and we expect all back-orders to be despatched during November.

In the meantime, we can only ask for your patience and understanding.

Orders for these coins will be despatched in as received/paid order. As soon as your order is ready to be despatched you will receive an email advise.

Once again our apologies for this delay.

Yours sincerely
    Ron Currie
    Sales & Marketing Director"

They must very very busy over there.

10. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this.. it does answer about half of my uncertainties, all is basically as i already suspected.

I guess i just have to accept that this is where we are at in the silver collector / investment sector and if you want popular silver youll have to wait, still its a very bullish signal when demand CANNOT keep up with supply in the short term, usually a consequence of PRICE FIXING in economics theory, How fickel supply-side silver is - why dosent the price rise to meet real supply? (economics theory) - and yes this theory covers a firms short term inability to get more captial goods to boost output or increase tech training etc which would increase productivity. Specific barriers to further capitialise can only be viewed as a short time barrier to increasing output so as they grow long-term this would tend to indicate a sector not operating under free market mechanisms

Rationing, Price Fixing, Price Distortion not allowing a natural price Equilibrium where supply meets demand -- sound familar?

11. justin536

justin536 Member

can anyone sell me just one 1/2 oz silver dragon 2011 spot price pleasse :) pm me please