Started my stack. Ainslie and Perth Mint bars w/pics.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lazy lad, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Jimmy1986

Jimmy1986 Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome, great start!

2. lazy lad

lazy lad New Member

Thanks for the well wishes people.

Well, it turns out i'm not as new to stacking as i first thought. As i was exploring the site, i found the calculators tab at the top of the screen. I was pleasantly surprised to discover some of the old aussie coins contain silver. I leap out of my seat and start rummaging through boxes to find my coin collection:D

I have been collecting coins of interest since i was a pup, i can't remember how young i was when it began but i reckon i was about 3. I'm now 25.
    Our family used to go to nan n pops house for dinner about once a week. When dinner was done, pop would ask me "Ash, you can have ice cream for dessert if you like, or you can have one of my coins, or one of my matchbox cars".

Needless to say, before long i ended up a tubby kid with a pocket full of coins and a sick matchbox collection :lol: and just recently, pop mailed me a box of coins and trinkets.

Pop didn't know anything about this little box. Anyone recognise the stamps on the bottom???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here we have- 4x early three pence (92.5%), 4x late six pence (50%), 12 late three pence (50%) and 8x1966 round 50c pieces (80%). When typed into the calculator at today's spot it comes to just over $100 worth lol.
    [​IMG]

I've also got a couple of handfuls of other assorted coins and a few interesting notes.

3. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Unfortunately Ash the little box is not silver :(

EPNS stands for Electro Plate Nickel Silver

So its just plated and not worth much in silver terms, but if your pop gave it to you its a great piece to keep.

The coins you have are nice though :p

Hope this helps

4. lazy lad

lazy lad New Member

Thanks mate, that is very helpful. Doh, i should have known better. I remember reading the same thing in another thread ages ago.