Stacking in Sydney

Discussion in 'Gold' started by PeterS, Mar 10, 2015.

1. PeterS

PeterS Member

Just a quick question..... been stacking for a few months now and exploring sources. For now I am sticking to recognised dealers and am finding that I can often buy better on the internet from interstate rather than in person in Sydney and at times the price difference is more than the shipping costs. The only thing I can think is that the real estate and or overhead costs in Sydney are just so much higher that it shows in the dealers business model. Also sometimes the range available is better interstate and I can see no logical reason why that should be. Has anyone else have any similar experience and thoughts on this?

2. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

I have a dealer fairly close to my place and usually buy my blobs there as they are a good price. Their specialty coins and bars are, however, a bit on the pricey side and have to be ordered in so for me it is cheaper, quicker and easier to use a well known bullion dealer in Perth. It's all about shopping around if you can be bothered. Unless you are buying huge quantities the premiums are really just the cost of doing business.

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Well surmised, f2f sydney is best.. sometimes deals are around.. i used to buy from sydney shops when i was a newb, then imported from us, then found a few cheaper australian online dealers..

Now days i just wait for "deals" locally and do a f2f or buy off SS.

cheers,

1for1

4. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

One of the dealers in sydney CBD has dealer prices as good as you're gonna get in Australia, anywhere. But f2f has been cheapest for me - it really depends on how good your negotiating skills are and how low your seller is willing to go.

5. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can always find cheap new metal but usually only prepared to swap for fifties. PM what your after, and I'll be able to give you a cash F2F price. Each deal comes with providence.